To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rockville, MD
- Todd Reitz
- Phone: 4105671323
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Entry Level Embedded Software Engineer
Aerotek • Rockville, MD
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client manufactures a broad range of products for trains. They have 5 openings available for this team and are looking for candidates with 0-3 years of experience.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for design, development and maintenance of software and firmware for electronic control systems deployed in the rail industry. This includes developing software requirements specifications, functional specifications and software design documents.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
* Design and develop high quality software products in a fast paced environment
* Support and enhance the entire software development life cycle
* Perform and guide the automation of unit, module, system and regression level testing on various software modules and systems
* Perform root cause analysis and develop solutions as necessary
* Accountable for system requirements review, software architecture and design
80-90% of the work our client does is Embedded Systems.
* BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (Electrical Engineering also considered) and 0-3 years of embedded software engineering experience
* Good understanding of RTOS environments, scripting languages (Python) and SDLC
* Proficient in C/C++, Python, and real-time embedded software development
* Proficient in multi-thread programming
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.