If you are located within the state of Texas, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Cuando se trata de salir adelante y tienes la voluntad de ganar, vamos a llamarlo gran potencial de carrera! Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you're fluent in English and Spanish, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast - growing environment.
Even if you have no prior experience, we have training classes starting soon to help you build the successful career that you want - apply today! We provide the support and structure, you provide the interest and motivation.
You like working with people. Even more so, you like helping them. This is your chance to join a team dedicated to helping our members and their families every day. In this joint role as a Customer Service and Claims Representative, you'll join us on a mission to not only deliver the best customer service in the health care industry, but the best customer service. Period. Your compassion and customer service expertise combined with our support, training and development will ensure your success. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while doing your life's best work.SM
In this role, you play a critical role in creating a quality experience for the callers that you connect with and those that you correspond with. Every interaction gives you that opportunity to improve the lives of our customers and exceed their expectations. You'll spend the majority of your day by responding to calls from our members and help answer questions and resolve issues regarding health care eligibility, claims and payments. You'll also spend a portion of your time reviewing, researching and processing healthcare claims with the goal to ensure that every claim has a fair and thorough review.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am - 7:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 4:30pm CST, Monday - Friday.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Answer incoming phone calls from customers and identify the type of assistance the customer needs (i.e. benefit and eligibility, billing and payments, authorizations for treatment and explanation of benefits (EOBs)
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the customer in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member
- Review and research incoming healthcare claims from members and providers (doctors, clinics, etc) by navigating multiple computer systems and platforms and verifies the data/information necessary for processing (e.g. pricing, prior authorizations, applicable benefits)
- Ensure that the proper benefits are applied to each claim by using the appropriate processes and procedures (e.g. claims processing policies and procedures, grievance procedures, state mandates, CMS/Medicare guidelines, benefit plan
- Communicate and collaborate with members and providers to resolve issues, using clear, simple language to ensure understanding
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, accuracy, quality, member satisfaction and attendance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher) OR 10+ years of equivalent working experience
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- All new hires will be required to successfully complete the Customer Service training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Reside within the state of Texas
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- 1+ years prior experience in an office setting, call center setting or phone support role
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding customer expectations (responding in respectful, timely manner, consistently meeting commitments)
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, determine immediate requests and identify the current and future needs of the member
- Proficient problem-solving approach to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Proficient in translating healthcare-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Flexibility to customize approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities
- Proficient conflict management skills to include ability to resolve issues in a stressful situation and demonstrating personal resilience
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Bilingual (English/Spanish) Customer Service and Claims Representative - Work From Home
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phone support, training class, admin, clerk, cashier, retail, entry level, retail sales, hostess, waitress/waiter, Texas, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO