YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Radiologic Technologist - AdventHealth - Apopka
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Apopka
- AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
- The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station
- The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades
Work Hours/Shift: As Needed
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork.
- Utilizing proper positioning criteria and technical exposure factors, performs all required imaging projections for given procedure. Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam accuracy before administering exam. [Exam Supervision and Administration]
- Reviews all images on Computed Radiography NX station for evidence and accuracy of RT/LT marker placement and proper orientation. Repeats any view that fails to include all required anatomical structures or lacks proper contrast and spatial resolution. Adheres to all criteria on the Image Quality Action Plan. [Diagnostic Image Quality and Documentation]
- Completes assigned exams in a timely manner. Keeps work flow coordinator informed of availability and status of all pending exams. Personally follows through with communicating clinical information. [Personal Productivity and Accountability]
- Utilizes computer system to update exam status, cancel/update orders as needed. Ensures charges match procedure completed. Confirms proper exam/patient assignment at NX before releasing images to PACS for interpretation. Corrects erroneous accession numbers in PACS. [Data Processing]
- Operates and maintains Imaging equipment in a safe manner. Adheres to all infection control standards. Properly wears Dosimetry badge and seeks to minimize radiation exposure. Employee job duties may include transport of pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling pharmaceutical waste) to include proper handling and transport of pharmaceutical waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment. [Safety and the Environment of Care]
What You Will Need:
- Knowledge of Diagnostic Radiological Procedures/Positions
- Ability to determine appropriate technical factors
- Knowledge of Radiographic and Fluoroscopic equipment
- For Orlando Fracture Care Only: If functioning in the Surgical Assistant III role must have completed the ADVENTHEALTH training program and competencies.
- Current valid State of Florida license as a General Radiographer
- ARRT (R)
- Knowledge of PACS and associated equipment
- Good organizational skills
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in healthcare-related field
- Pain Med and Fracture Care Only - Previous OR and/or procedural area experience
Under Supervision the Radiologic Technologist fulfills the responsibilities necessary in the use of ionizing radiation to produce quality radiographic images. These responsibilities involve participation in a variety of diagnostic technical procedures which deliver quality care to patients ranging from neonatal to geriatric. For pain medicine cost centers (2600, 9090, 9270, and 2840) and for Orlando Fracture care (6801) the technologist may perform duties delegated by the RN to assist with patient care and patient flow throughout the department. For 7217 technologists may perform the duties of Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL). Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Radiologic Technologist
- American Registry Of Radiologic Technologists (Arrt) Certified
- Computed Radiography
- Team Working
- Pain Management