To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Warren Park, IN 46219
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Xced Aviation Services - Mechanic Technician 1 - Indianapolis
Sasser Family Holdings, Inc. • Warren Park, IN
Posted 1 month ago
The Mechanic Technician is responsible for the service and maintenance of Ground Service Equipment (GSE) at the assigned location and ensuring the equipment is safe and reliable and complies with all applicable local, state and federal regulations. Duties involve the performance of mechanical repairs and maintenance on powered ground and other support equipment used in aircraft servicing and repair.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Troubleshoots, repairs, services, performs minor modifications on, and operates powered ground support equipment such as AC and DC power generators, air compressors, blowers, heaters, deicers, and nonpowered equipment to include jacks, ramps, tow-bars, etc.; troubleshoots equipment and determines the extent of repairs the incumbent is authorized to perform as well as the parts required.
• The GSE Mechanic I level of maintenance includes minor tune-ups and adjustments of internal combustion and turbine engines, carburetors, brakes, and other mechanical links which utilize common hand tools and a small variety of test equipment.
• Performs required preventive maintenance and servicing of equipment including repairing and replacing tires, lubrication, oil changes, replacing air, fuel and oil filters, checking fluid levels, and adjusting and replacing spark plugs, hoses, v-belts, and other familiar items. Reads and interprets repair manuals, basic electrical and hydraulic schematics and supervisor/manager’s instructions.
• Assists in the modification and overhauling of power plant, drive-train, brake, electric and hydraulic systems.
• Prepares and paints equipment in compliance with Xced standards.
• Ensures all maintenance/repair documentation is completed in compliance with carrier, station, airport authority, municipal, state, federal and Xced requirements in a thorough and timely manner.
• Ensures preventative maintenance on equipment in accordance with established schedules is completed.
• Works with other location personnel, as assigned by manager, in a professional manner and ensures safety regulations are followed at Xced locations at all times.
• Complies with company safety program and training; maintains a safe and clean work area.
• Additional Duties as assigned.
• Wear PPE in appropriate areas
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or GED desired
• Possesses a moderate understanding of the general aspects of the job
Preferred minimum 1-year mechanic experience
• Works under the close direction and supervision of Lead Mechanic and/or Shop Manager
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to read and understand basic electrical/hydraulic schematics and blueprints.
Previous experience with computer maintenance programs and Microsoft Office
• Good communication skills
• Mechanic skills including mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair
Reasoning skills Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Language skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Work assignments involve standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, climbing, crawling, and crouching in strained and awkward positions for prolonged periods of time at various heights up to 20 feet. Uses hands, legs, and arms to climb vertical ladders to staging or suspended platforms. Lifts, carries, and sets up equipment and components that weigh up to 50 lbs. Employee must be medically certified to wear a respirator, as well as be able to wear respirators for prolonged periods of time.
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, cold, and vibration. Employees will work around heavy equipment.
Occasional travel required for training or other company shops for support, if needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled