To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Longview, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director - Education
Vista College • Longview, TX
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Vista College is currently hiring for a Director of Education at our Longview, Texas Campus.
Director of Education reports to the Campus Director. The major role of the Director of Education is to ensure the academic integrity of Vista College, lead retention efforts, and maintain quality in the in the classroom. The duties of the Director of Education are performed on a 12-month basis.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain compliance with all regulatory agencies affiliated with Vista College;
• Ensures that all attendance (i.e., SAP) and final grades are submitted by the designated time;
• Responsible for schedule development, faculty staffing, room assignments, teaching equipment and tool required, and resolution of scheduling conflicts;
• Conduct teacher observations; evaluations; provide frequent performance-related feedback;
• Oversee the preparation and submission of textbook requisitions and instructor materials;
• Manages completion of faculty, PD, and SSC onboarding and continued professional development;
• Responsible for implementing new and revised curriculum at the campus level;
• Oversee OAC/IAC meetings and submission of minutes;
• Ensure quality student academic and attendance advisement;
• Oversee the preparation and presentation of the appropriate lesson plans for each course in accordance with approved course objectives;
• Maintains accurate course records of students and complete course forms as required;
• Maintains regular hours for student consultation;
• Represents Vista College in a professional manner throughout the community by promoting a positive public image;
• Enforce and abide by all Policies and Procedures;
• Supervise student survey completion, distribution, and action plans;
• Ensure reports are accurate and submitted according to prescribed deadlines;
• Performs other professional duties as assigned;
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
A Director of Education must have a minimum of three years of teaching experience in a higher education setting. A history of proved success in a managerial role is also required. Bachelor’s degree and qualifications to teach a minimum of one of the classes offered at the institution is required Master’s degree or higher is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Education must meet the requirements as mandated by the Department of Education, NMHE, TWC, COE and ACCSC (as applicable) as well as any accrediting agencies associated with a specific field of study and degrees awarded at this institution.
• Ability to communicate and facilitate learning effectively and work collaboratively.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, class assignments and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information to faculty and respond to questions from individuals as well as groups.
• Proficient in computers, including MS Office related programs and academic database
• Demonstrates commitment to the centrality of teaching and learning in a student centered environment bolstered by effective student outcome measures;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective interaction with students, faculty, administration and staff.
• Ability to meet deadlines, delegate, and manage change a must.
This position is a salaried role which will require flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the campus and provide a presence for both day and evening faculty.