To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wabash, IN 46992
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Whites Residental • Wabash, IN
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
White’s Residential and Family Services
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Department: Business Office
Employment Status: Full-time/Regular/Hourly/Nonexempt
Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree in accounting or related degree is required. Must have demonstrated communication and organizational skills. Skills and knowledge in the areas of Medicaid and insurance billing is highly desirable. Strong computer competency is a must. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and advanced skills using Excel.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Job Summary: Assist in preparation and analysis of financial statements. Assist in the preparation, recording and processing of general journal, standard journal, billing journals, as well as, accounts payable and accounts receivable entries. Will also be involved with preparation of claims and reporting for government grant programs. Must be able to complete work within established guidelines. Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
1. Assist in the month-end closing process.
2. Assist in preparing special cost studies as required.
3. Assist in the posting of accounts to the General Ledger for accounts receivable, cash receipts, accounts payable cash disbursements and payroll. Review open invoice reports; follow up with a schedule of payments or adjustments.
4. Work on data base report writing and technology improvement in the department.
5. Assist in resolving accounting and financial problems and or issues as needed.
6. Assist with the year-end financial audit.
7. Assist Chief Financial Officer with annual budget. Maintain required records, reports, and files in an organized manner, and perform other related duties as directed within the project guidelines established.
8. Prepare and process payroll and deduction schedules.
9. Perform monthly bank reconciliations
10. Maintain fixed asset records.
11. Request, process, record and update Prior Authorizations as needed for Medicaid billing.
12. Assist in AR billing activities, including submitting claims and working AR aging.
13. Backup all positions in the Billing Office as needed.
14. Work directly with Food Service Director to ensure all requirements are met according to the National School Lunch Program, including but not limited to:
a. Review lunch menus for nutrition requirements
b. Provide and record required training to all direct care staff
c. Prepare/perform required audits
15. Assist with and backup payroll when needed.
16. Maintain lease schedules for lease income and expense; including properties, copiers, and vehicles.
17. Provide administrative support for White’s Purchase Card activities.
Skill, Supervision, Knowledge and Ability
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and organize workload.
- Must be able to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Must be highly proficient with accounting and other relative software and computer programs in order to record, store and analyze, financial information.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be a "team player." This person needs to be able to work closely with other staff members and have the ability to be flexible, adaptive, and positive in his/her interactions.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess both strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven problem solving skills. Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision making.
- Must be committed to the Mission of White’s Residential and Family Services.
Physical Demands of Position
- Must be able to tolerate multiple tasks with interruptions.
- Must be able to access different work areas and buildings on White’s campus.
- Normal work hours will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m with additional hours as needed to complete work assignments.
- Must attend work regularly and be on time.
- Must be available if needed at peak times, for monthly financial reports, year end closing and annual audit.