St. Mark's Medical Center, La Grange, TX
Responsible for performing a variety of functions to include, but not limited to, application of accounting theory to the preparation of journal entries, financial reports, various analyses, and reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts. Is responsibilities for Fixed Asset accounting and tracking expenditures against the capital budget. The position draws on education and experience in the performance of job duties to provide timely, accurate, and professional accounting services.
- Performs computations to complete journal entries and maintain appropriate supporting documentation.
- Prepares routine reports and analysis.
- Analyzes reports and financial statements to identify significant fluctuations.
- Compiles summary reports for management use.
- Performs analysis/reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Performs special projects and follows through to completion. May coordinate the complete financial cycle for assigned companies.
- Reconciles bank statements and coordinate with outside departments/companies and banks in cash procedures and research problems. Coordinates and monitors cash investments.
- Reconcile, analyze, and adjust general ledger accounts as assigned. Maintain accurate detailed support of general ledger account balances.
- Interact with Department Heads regarding questions on budget to actual reports, capital tracking, summary trial balance, accounts payable reports, and other financial reports.
- Monitor capital budget expenditures and commitments and update the project tracking system.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting
- 2+ years accounting healthcare experience preferred
- Meditech experience a plus
Skills and Knowledge
- Effective decision-making skills, analyze situations and data, identify alternatives and apply judgment in reaching decisions that are balanced, logical and effective.
- Demonstrate initiative by willingness to assume unassigned duties, assist other staff members, initiate ways to reduce redundancy and improve efficiency. Require only minimal supervision, completes assignments and is both punctual and regular in attendance.
- Displays Time Management skills with the ability to handle the demands of multiple assignments. Good at determining priorities and organizing work where results are achieved timely. Attends regularly scheduled department meetings and mandatory in-services, including Infection Control, Fire & Safety, and continuing education.
- Cooperates and works well with others, demonstrate positive attitudes, assist others as needed and willingly accept all assignments.
- Exhibits initiative, approaches work assignments assertively, looks for opportunities for improving operations and takes the lead in solving problems. Is self-motivated and exhibits a positive "can do" attitude.
- Possesses strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. As appropriate, be either tactful or persuasive with those they supervise, their peers, higher levels of management and people outside the company. Can handle "people problems" skillfully.
- Possesses solid language skills with the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Skill to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Possesses reasoning ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
About St. Mark's Medical Center
St. Mark's Medical Center, located in La Grange, TX is a 65 bed not-for-profit community hospital serving the needs of patients in the central Texas communities of Fayette and Lee counties. Part of the Community Hospital Corporation family of hospitals, St. Mark's Medical Center provides an array of comprehensive healthcare services that range from surgical services, a birthing center and specialist care to cardiac rehabilitation and general acute care services. St. Mark's also offers state of the art imaging and is designated as a Level IV Trauma Center. La Grange is located only 60 minutes from Austin, and 90 minutes from Houston or San Antonio, La Grange offers country living with easy access to international airports and other big city amenities.
About Community Hospital Corporation
Community Hospital Corporation is a Texas not-for-profit company whose sole mission is to help not-for-profit hospitals, such as St. Mark's Medical Center, remain community-operated and governed. CHC owns, manages and consults with hospitals through three distinct organizations ' CHC Hospitals, CHC Consulting and CHC Continue Care, which share a common purpose of preserving and protecting community hospitals. Based in Plano, Texas, the organization provides the resources and experience community hospitals need to improve quality outcomes, patient satisfaction and financial performance.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles