Cleveland-Cliffs is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The company is vertically integrated from mining through iron making, steelmaking, rolling, finishing and downstream with hot and cold stamping of steel parts and components. Cleveland-Cliffs Indiana Harbor is the home of No. 7 Blast Furnace – the largest iron producer in the western hemisphere, capable of producing more than 12,500 tons of molten iron per day. The Analyst – Finance position at Indiana Harbor will track raw material and production costs for the iron and steel manufacturing processes at Indiana Harbor.
Our objective is to provide opportunities for professional growth while maintaining work-life balance. We are looking for an individual who is committed to goal achievement in a positive and proactive working environment. Responsibilities for the position include the following:
Summary of Responsibilities
- Perform month end close functions related to raw material and product costing including the preparation of journal entries and the reporting of month end, quarterly and annual results
- Track materials sent and received from other plants through intercompany transfers as well as the sale of by-product materials to third party customers
- Participate in the quarterly and annual financial forecasting process related to raw materials and production costs
- Lead and direct monthly and annual physical inventory processes
- Reconcile inventories and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Develop a strong understanding of the manufacturing processes to effectively analyze and report on key drivers related to price, inventory level and usage
- Engage with internal and external auditors to explain processes or provide documentation as needed
- Support operations personnel as needed to provide transactional data or to reconcile inventory differences
- Leverage tools needed to drive process improvements for the function and or department as a whole
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or business-related field.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and learning skills
- Excellent communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships with internal and external contacts
- Utilize Microsoft Excel to retrieve, filter, and analyze data from multiple servers, tables, and manufacturing systems
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The Company is vertically integrated from mined raw materials, direct reduced iron, and ferrous scrap to primary steelmaking and downstream finishing, stamping, tooling, and tubing. We offer an excellent total compensation package including top pay with variable compensation opportunity, health insurance, retirement plan, education assistance, paid time off and more!
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that all Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call
- Accounting/Finance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with SAP, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment
- Data Analysis
- Financial Management