To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Port Arthur, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Driver I - DOT
Total Safety • Port Arthur, TX
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Refers to the safety and operations checklists of steps to be followed for each trailer type to be pulled and follows checklist before each haul. Completes DOT and company-required documentation.
• Provides timely delivery and pick-up to and from designated customer locations.
• When picking up equipment, inspects for damage and/or excessive wear and notes accordingly.
• Complies with current DOT regulations.
• Completes all documentation associated with delivery and pickup in a timely and accurate manner and obtains signature from customer so that proper invoicing and documentation can be provided to customer.
• Performs basic maintenance and care of assigned vehicle and/or trailer.
• Performs regular inspections, not less than weekly of all assigned trucks and trailers to insure that all required safety and preventative maintenance measures have been executed and documented.
• Assists others in facility including stocking shelves with clean, tested and ready to use equipment and pulling, staging and loading customer orders onto trucks for delivery. Maintains work area and other areas in a clean and orderly condition.
• Assists others as needed. May need to perform emergency roadside repairs.
Experience: Forklift experience preferred.
Required Licenses or Specific Training: Valid driver's license from state of residence and valid proof of vehicle insurance. Must possess good driving record and be insurable for Total Safety vehicle insurance while driving company truck. Commercial driver’s license per requirements of facility class A, B, or C with HAZMAT endorsement. Must comply with current DOT regulations. Must pass internal forklift training and certification.
Other Required Skills, Knowledge or Abilities: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
Interpersonal Communications: Ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions). Ability to complete routine reports and shipping/delivery paperwork. Second language is a plus. Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Shop, yard, traffic and customer environments. May be frequently exposed to wet, humid, outside weather conditions and vibration. Shop, plant, Highway traffic and road debris. High pressure, chemicals, shop traffic. The noise level in work environment is usually moderate.
Complexity of Duties and Decisions: Work consists of tasks, processes or operations where the employee must select and apply standard policies and procedures requiring little interpretation. Resolves most questions independently by choosing between a few clear choices or discussing with a supervisor. Must adhere to departmental policies, schedules and deadlines. Must conform to standard work practices not limited to safety, security, environmental procedures, Company business practices and codes of conduct.
Authority: Works under intermittent supervision: Objectives, priorities and deadlines are defined. Assistance is given with unusual situations that do not have clear objectives. Plans and carries out successive steps and resolves problems and deviations in accordance with instructions, policies, and accepted practices.
About Total Safety:
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, comprehensive flare services, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management.
Total Safety operates from 176 locations in 20 countries to ensure the safe Wellbeing of Workers Worldwide (W3).
Total Safety is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Total Safety, please contact Human Resources at (713) 353-5152. (For telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY, please contact 711).