Kelly Services is proud to announce a Direct Hire Store Manager role for a well established Retail company in their San Rafael store.
Under general supervision from senior management, this position is primarily responsible for managing the retail store operations engaged in selling jewelry and other consumer products and the extension of collateral loans to customers. The Store Manager is the senior leadership role in the store, and has primary responsibility for store P&L and Sales performance, employee productivity and training by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Devote himself/herself to ensuring that sales and loan staff are meeting corporate customer service standards and performance expectations.
- Problem solves in a rational and expeditious manner and communicates plans and strategies effectively to subordinates
- Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employees to specific duties in order to consistently provide excellent customer service and implement strategic plans.
- Formulates pricing policies on in-store merchandise in accordance with general corporate requirements for profitability of store operations.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares, or directs others in preparing, merchandise displays and advertising copy.
- Trains, motivates and supervises employees effectively so as to achieve corporate sales and loan performance standards set for the store.
- Coordinates and oversees the taking of inventories, the reconciliation of cash with sales receipts, the accurate keeping of operating records, and the preparation of the daily record of transactions.
- Orders merchandise or prepares requisitions to replenish merchandise on hand.
- Ensures compliance of employees with established human relations, security, sales, and record keeping procedures and practices.
- Minimizes loss by conducting internal audits, pro-actively identifying risks and implementing solutions or recommending solutions for consideration by senior management that would implement effective loss prevention strategies.
- Learns and maintains a current knowledge and understanding of the federal, state and local requirements which govern the Company's business.
- Answers customer's complaints or inquiries.
This position manages 1-3 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 4-12 employees in the Retail Store. The Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination,and evaluation of employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Design, Problem Solving, Project Management, Technical Skills, Customer Service, Interpersonal Skills,Oral Communication, Written Communication, Teamwork, Visionary Leadership, Change Management, Delegation, Leadership, Managing People, Quality Management, Business Acumen, Cost Consciousness, Diversity, Ethics, Organizational Support, Strategic Thinking, Judgment, Motivation, Planning/Organizing, Professionalism, Quality, Adaptability, Attendance/Punctuality, Dependability, Initiative and Innovation.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A. A.) from accredited college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
TECHNOLOGY: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Human Resource systems; Internet software; Inventory software; Order Processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close no significant interference with night vision, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Correct visual acuity of 20/30 in both eyes; no marked red-green deficiency of color vision and no dimming of red objects.
Ensure Financial Integrity