To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Westmont, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr Accounting Associate
JLL • Westmont, IL
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Client Accounting Services team is looking for a Senior Associate I Accountant based in Westmont, IL. Successful candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 3-5 years of accounting experience – real estate experience is a plus. This Associate I Accountant will prepare financial statements for a portfolio of properties, including General Ledger month-end close, actual-to-budget variance review, cash management, audits, bank reconciliations and spreadsheet preparation. This Associate I Accountant will prepare timely and accurate monthly property financial statements for a property portfolio by deadlines established within Client Accounting Services and by external Client.
What this job involves:
• Prepare financial statements for a portfolio of properties, including General Ledger month-end close, actual to budget variance review, audits, and knowledge of real estate accounting software
• Prepare timely and accurate monthly property financial statements for a 3 to 4 property portfolio by deadlines established within Client Accounting Services and by external Client
• Prepare additional schedules, which are required to support account balances or are specifically required by owners
• Submit financial statements and work papers in reviewable form (including documentation) and within the proper time frame for review
• Responsible for cash management of assigned properties
• Insure that all bank statements are reconciled on a timely basis and follow-up on all outstanding checks and reconciling items monthly
• Maintain a working knowledge of mortgage agreements and management agreements for assigned properties
• Assist property manager in responding to tenant and owner requests for financial information
Sound like you? Before you apply it’s worth knowing what we are looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• 3 - 5 years accounting experience required; real estate a plus
• Strong analytical skills, organizational skills
• Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer proficiency with a strong understanding of Excel
• Strong attention to detail and proficient time management, ability to multi-task and the ability to excel in a fast paced environment
What you can expect from us:
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]