To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ferndale, WA 98248
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Manufacturing
Samson Rope Technologies • Ferndale, WA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Samson, the worldwide leader in high performance cordage, is seeking a Director of Manufacturing to join our team at our corporate office in Ferndale, WA.
This position will be responsible for directing the Company's manufacturing operations while meeting strategic objectives of supporting revenue initiatives and providing the highest levels of safety, quality, service, and efficiency. The Director of Manufacturing acts as role model, motivator, team leader and culture builder and fosters adherence to Samson’s core values.
- Direct the activities for two manufacturing plants (Ferndale, WA and Lafayette, LA).
- Ensure programs & policies are in place to provide the safest working environment attainable.
- Develop and retain a high performing team through effective hiring, coaching, performance management and training.
- Lead initiatives to provide an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes safety, teamwork, quality, continuous improvement, and high employee engagement.
- Ensure manufacturing goals are aligned with corporate strategy and defines, monitors, and achieves key success metrics.
- Lead lean and other continuous improvement programs to improve safety, quality, service and efficiency.
- Ensure production capacity including equipment, space, systems and resources will meet current demand and future growth.
- Maintain high standards of manufacturing equipment and processes to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality and service standards.
- Ensure preventative programs are in place to properly maintain production equipment and facilities.
- Develop manufacturing annual budgets and capital plans for manufacturing.
- Represent manufacturing as part of the leadership team and on other cross functional teams.
- Initiate and coordinate major projects (e.g. plant layout changes, capital plan and equipment installation, major repairs, etc.)
- Direct staff members in the development and formulation of policy, programs, and objectives.
Experience and Skills:
Required: BA/BS Degree in Business, Supply Chain Operations, Engineering or related field
Desired: Master’s Degree in related field preferred
Required: 10+ years of progressively responsible job experience in manufacturing operations and 5+years of progressive management experience in leadership roles
Desired: Experience working with multi-national companies
Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Passionate leader with vision, results orientation, high energy, a bias for action and a focus on execution.
- Team player able to build relationships and establish credibility at all levels in the organization.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills combined with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Ability to communicate clearly and present information in a concise and effective way at all levels in the organization.
- Experience with Operational Excellence, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma or similar efficiency improvement programs.
- Proven track record in controlling costs to budget, preferably manufacturing variance management.
- Proficient computer skills including use of Microsoft Office and ability to learn new programs.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to lead and manage others.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time by air and must have valid passport for international travel.
Samson is the worldwide leader in high performance cordage. For more than 140 years, Samson has paved the road to success with innovation, quality, and service. Samson knows that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts: From the offices in Ferndale, Washington to the manufacturing floor in Lafayette, Louisiana our people are what make the difference in the product and to the customer.
Samson offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, and 11 paid holidays.
We are a drug free, tobacco free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran).
Employment is contingent on a successful background and drug screen.