A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Manufacturing Operator you will produce and purify chemical compounds to meet the requirements of MilliporeSigma customers. On a daily basis, you will stage materials and equipment using pallet mules or PITs, verify the quality and integrity of materials and equipment, perform in-process analytical testing including work-ups and simple interpretations as described in the MPR, and update batch records, computer systems, and SAP as required. The Manufacturing Operator also plays an important role in identifying and resolving unsafe conditions including equipment operation malfunctions, participates in incident investigations and safety meetings, and achieves defined personal development goals.
- Wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment "PPE" to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles
- Work in occasional wet, humid abnormally hot or cold environment
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time
- Utilize hearing, tasting and smelling to identify potential workplace hazards
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and
- Push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment; may lift more poundage with assistance
- Utilize vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Use phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/manufacturing equipment
- Work near moving mechanical parts
- Operate forklift or hand pallet truck
- Operate hand tools, lab equipment, calculator and weighing and measuring devices
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Associate Degree in Chemistry or other science related associate degree
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude and mathematical skills
- Read and understand written protocols
- Understand chemical reactions and hazards
- Understand ISO and quality systems
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Chemical Manufacturing Operator 2
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Personal Protective Equipment
Personal Income Tax