To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chief Financial Officer
ExecuNet • New York, NY
Posted 2 months ago
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO is responsible for the complete and accurate accounting and financial activities of the company. You will support the COO and other executives and team leaders to achieve organizational and departmental financial goals. Additionally, you will support the CEO in his management of the investors and the board of directors.
The CFO’s team consists of Finance and Facilities staff. You will be the primary point of contact for outside counsel and accountants.
- Scale the finance and administrative functions for a rapidly growing global pub tech company
- Lead effort to prepare and analyze financial performance against company strategy and budgets
- Participate in establishing annual objectives and goals, while establishing appropriate financial management processes to deliver on those goals and objectives
- Be responsible for ownership of external financial constituents – serving as a key point of contact to external auditors, debt providers, banking relationships, Lawyers, etc.
- Manage financial reporting and operational metrics for the company, including budgeting, forecasting, board reporting, cash management, banking, tax, and audit
- Serve as a member of the Company’s leadership team as a member of the Executive Management team
- Participate in key Executive decisions around strategic initiatives and operating execution
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses and reports necessary for various business and corporate development activities
- Partner with the COO to deliver on the operating plan for the company
- Engage Executive management and the Board around emerging issues, trends related either to external reporting or changes in the Company’s operating model
- Provide competitive benchmarking for the team
- Provide seasoned financial leadership to the Executive team
- Oversee the communication channels and management of the Investor base, along with CEO/COO
- Represent the Company to key financial partners, including investors, potential investors, external auditors, reviewers and regulators
Financial Planning and Analysis, Budgeting:
- Alongside COO, develop systems and reports to provide critical financial and operational information to Executive team to increase operational performance and mitigate financial risk
- Alongside COO, oversee annual budget planning and operating plan implementation
- Lead financial team to prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports (Cash forecasting, working capital efficiency, etc)
- Lead complete analysis of financial results for Executive management team and BOD, developing recommendations for improvements and highlighting areas of opportunity
- Develop forward-looking models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the Company’s execution against goals
Accounting and Administration:
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure a system of appropriate controls, proper financial reporting with GAAP and security of the Company assets, financial and otherwise
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of financial and management reporting for internal use (Management) and external (Board, Investors, Partners)
- Own the preparation and dissemination of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Supervise all accounting and finance staff, admininstrative staff and consultants.
- Own related functions – including the Company’s real estate commitments, insurance plans and key vendor negotiations
- Oversee risk management, internal controls, legal documents like client contracts and partnership agreements, and manage day-to-day work with outside counsel
- Responsible for collaborating with HR on budgeting and selection of benefits
Treasury, Cash Management and Forecasting:
- Lead the Company’s efforts around cash flow planning, investment and cash management
- Develop and implement a global cash management system, along with proper controls, that increases the Company’s ability to expand rapidly, service it internal/external constituents while mitigating financial and fraud risk
- Oversee A/R, A/P management and provide leadership and management for staff focused in these areas
- Oversee the duties of the Office Manager to maintain a clean, safe and upbeat environment
- Oversee the management of two U.S. office leases and two international WeWork locations
- 7 years minimum operational experience as a CFO, preferably in a fast-paced, high growth, Agile environment with experience in digital meeting or marketing technology
- 4 years of experience total accounting or finance experience
- MBA and CPA (Preferred)
- Highly experienced in budget management and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Background working with I.T. senior leadership on I.T. budget, spending and development ROI
- Background working with HR on benefits planning and approval, staffing, compensation decisions, annual performance reviews and bonus recommendations.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff, while also optimizing performance and profitability
- Track record of introducing operational structure, process and governance in complex operational environments preferred
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with client Executive Leadership in regard to contract negotiations, collections and problem resolution
- Ability to travel at least 10% of time
- Private Equity/Portfolio Company experience as a CFO with a successful exit.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and manage at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential