The Test Site Clinical Quality Nurse Leader guides, directs and supports test site teams/team leaders in providing efficient delivery of quality health care services. Assumes responsibility for overseeing test team site compliance with established processes to ensure establishment and maintenance of test participant and staff safety and promotion of clinical quality.
In this role, you will oversee a team who will be facilitating Covid 19 tests. Depending on location, you may oversee multiple sites and test teams and will travel between sites within the general geographic location listed. There may also be travel to New Mexico as needed. For schedule, generally it will be M-F normal business hours, but hours will vary and may include early morning or overnight work as needed.
- Drives excellence in site operations
- Acts as the catalyst and role model to promote site teams that are passionate about delivering genuine, caring, and friendly healthcare
- Uses extensive knowledge of testing operations and clinical experience to accurately assess sites for overall operations with focus on infection prevention/control and specimen collection and testing processes. Provides correction to team leader and team members as needed to mitigate issues related to quality of testing processes and safety of staff and test participants.
- Effectively communicates corrections or process changes to team leaders and members.
- Optimizes partnership with test site team leaders and members to ensure compliance with all clinical policies.
- Conducts surveillance or audits of test site processes, completes surveillance surveys, deposits in designated repository and uses surveillance data as well as observations to identify test site performance improvement opportunities.
- Builds collaborative, trusting relationships with site team leaders. Supports development of team leader leadership and management skills and confidence that enables excellent team performance and customer relations.
- Provides expert consultation and problem solving for test site leaders to achieve rapid and effective resolution.
- Develops effective communication and collaboration with organizational teams that support test sites and provide constructive information that contributes to improvement in test program operations.
- Recognizes situations that may negatively impact operational efficiency or safety and escalates to appropriate responsible office/person in a timely manner when unable to resolve at test site team level.
- Understand and support enforcement of legal/regulatory requirements (e.g. HIPAA)
This is a leader role in a non-traditional clinical setting that is primarily employee-facing but may also include patient and customer facing opportunities. The operational climate includes high expectations for operational excellence, particularly for maintaining strict infection prevention and control practices. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements and the ability to lift 25 pounds. Hours may vary based on location, site team and business needs. This position requires traveling to test site locations.
This position will require active and unrestricted Nursing licensure in multiple US States. Selected candidate must be willing and able to obtain and maintain multiple state licensure. (Application fees and filing costs paid for by UHG)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current and unrestricted RN license in your state of residence
- Willingness to get licensed in other states as needed
- 7+ years of experience as a registered nurse working in a clinical environment.
- 3+ years of management experience leading clinical operations and evidence-based clinical practice in a client(patient) and customer-facing organization
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to stand and sit for hours at a time
- Demonstrated understanding, ability and confidence in application of clinical nursing and infection control standards of care and practice
- Ability to identify, promote, and shepherd quality improvement activities.
- Experience interfacing with team members and external clients as part of a solutions-based team
- Leadership skills necessary to work with a large and complex client as needed.
- Proven ability to supervise, coach and develop subordinate leaders and staff using excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior leadership, problem solving, team building and decision-making skills
- Exceptionally well organized and demonstrated strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills across teams in a matrixed organization
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, challenging working environment with an exemplary positive and professional attitude
- Demonstrated success using the principles and processes of customer service including identifying customer needs, meeting quality standards for service, and evaluating & improving customer service results
- Computer literate in electronic mail, word processing, and office management system software
- Ability and willingness for travel to test team sites in locations listed.
- Ability to work schedule listed
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to apply and enforce infection prevention and control practices in a potentially highly contagious environment.
- Understanding of HIPAA, OSHA and other state/federal healthcare requirements and regulations
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employee must comply with any state and local masking orders.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key Words: Nurse, Manager, Leader, RN, Team Lead, Supervisor, Director, Travel Nurse, Travel Nursing, Compliance, Operations, Test Site, Infection, Infection Control, Infection Prevention, Los Angeles, CA
Complex Problem Solving