The Human Relations Manager is the Champion of People, Diversity and Inclusion for the Manufacturing operations supporting the Director of Sales and Sales team for Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the HR function providing best in class services that facilitate greater effectiveness throughout the DSDE sales organization. The successful candidate is preferred to have strong labor relations, proven and progressive generalist background; ability to drive HR strategies through the DSDE sales operations. Will need to be engaged in the business and be transparent. In addition, have the ability to influence leadership and ability to link business objectives back to organizational effectiveness. Ideal candidate will have a sense of urgency, be future thinking and possess strong communication skills. This position can be based in Ankeny, IA or Omaha, NE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Policy Management: Administer and interpret company Policies and CBA’s representing the organization (and/or assisting other HRBP’s) in personnel and employment law compliance related investigations, grievances, arbitrations and hearings.
HR Operations: Manage the maintenance of HR files and I-9’s for compliance.
Performance Management: Transparent partner by working with the people managers to determine appropriate course of action with regard to staffing, hiring, performance management, safety and /or attendance concerns. Partner as a coach with salaried leaders and participate in hourly meetings with supervisors and employees. Lead the process and communication for annual merit and performance reviews.
HR/Organization Consulting: Including change management facilitation and organizational consulting with all levels of employees supporting our DSDE Transformation goals.
Employee Programs: including administering the annual Benefits Open Enrollment Process; manage the Safety Perception survey process; actively drive safety, associate engagement and organizational health surveys; and answering and responding timely to associates HR inquires.
Centralized Front Line recruiting: Partner with the COI on staffing. Support compliance management for the recruitment files (e.g., resumes, interview notes, and calibration and selection process).
Centralized Salaried recruiting: Partner with the COE on staffing. Act as the field HR point of contact for the DSDE Sales operations to support the field recruiting for all salaried positions managed through the COE. Maintain, deliver and continuously improve an effective on-boarding program for new hires aligned with corporate and local requirements driving retention of top talent.
- Talent Management: Drive the process for the DSDE sales function in regards to associate profiles, goal setting, development plans, monthly reviews, midyear reviews, annual goal evaluation and succession planning.
- Associate Learning & Development: Conduct new employee orientation sessions and other HR related training programs such as GB Leader, D&I, Leadership Transformation, Labor and Respect in the Workplace.
- Standard Leader Work: Execute by supporting DSDE transformation as well as other cross functional transformation.
Associate Relations: Development and implementation of (and/or assisting other HRBP’s) effective positive associate relations programs. Associate local owned events, planning and administration of Rewards & Recognition.
Data Analytics: Using the tools, create reports to drive effectiveness in the business. Identify key trends and the ability to recommend improvements to leadership team around headcount, staffing, turnover and exit interview data.
Organizational structures: Maintain current job descriptions as positions evolve with leadership regarding transformational development organizational needs.
- Assist and support all HR activities/duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field required. Master’s degree in HR or related field a plus.
- 5+ years progressive human resource experience supporting a sales organization, with cross functional experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance and Distribution teams.
- Labor Relations experience required.
- DDI certification a plus. Ability to facilitate training within customer group.
- Demonstrate the ability to be coachable and trainable for cross-training/development within the HR function in preparation for future progression.
- Developing direct reports.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with online talent systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen, and be able to act as a decision maker.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 50% in the geography.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: req8477
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
A leader in the baking industry, we are known for our category-leading brands, innovative products, freshness and quality. Our team of more than 27,000 U.S. associates operate bakeries across the United States to bring leading brands such as Arnold®, BallPark®, Bimbo®, Boboli®, Brownberry®, Entenmann's®, Francisco®, Freihofer's®, Marinela®, Oroweat®, Sara Lee®, Stroehmann®, Thomas'®, Mrs Baird’s ® and Tia Rosa® to customers and consumers in every city, town and village in America.
View the full profile
As bakers, every morning we rise to meet the opportunity to bake the freshest, highest-quality products, serve our customers and learn from one another. You can see our work, across America, every day. It is at breakfast tables, in children’s lunch boxes, and in kitchens at night, where families come together to share their evening. Our work is baked into life, every meal, every day.
It is because of our people that we have winning brands and exceptional products. We want you to bring your dedication and enthusiasm to work at Bimbo Bakeries USA!