To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- McLean, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr Manager, Talent Acquisition
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • McLean, VA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
PenFed is hiring a Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition in our McLean, Virginia headquarters location. The primary purpose of this job is to develop, implement, and continually improve innovative talent acquisition and retention strategies to strengthen the organization’s capabilities. The Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition is responsible for managing PenFed’s college recruiting, summer internship and Veteran hiring programs. In addition, the Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition will manage searches for various functions across the company, including leadership roles. This position will demonstrate a deep knowledge of talent acquisition, including recruiting strategy development, candidate pipelining, stakeholder management, and assessment and selection. Additionally, they will mentor others across the organization in talent acquisition strategies and approaches, and may lead a small team of recruiters and/or coordinators (regular and/or contingent).
- Full-cycle recruitment from sourcing through onboarding including, but not limited to, posting positions, sourcing candidates, partnering with hiring managers to develop a recruitment strategy, interviewing and presenting candidates that are aligned to the position profile, managing the candidate experience and making offers.
- Manage PenFed’s college recruiting, summer internship and Veteran hiring initiatives.
- Manage projects related to programming and recruiting.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure they are working within the process guidelines set forth by the organization.
- Partner with senior leadership to determine business hiring needs and develop strategies to meet hiring goals.
- Manage a team of Talent Acquisition staff on a daily basis, to include establishing metrics, priorities, and expected performance levels of the team.
- Provide feedback and coaching to the team when necessary.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of recruiting strategies and sources and execute plans to improve results.
- Serve as an expert in sourcing high-quality talent for specialized positions.
- Establish recruitment strategy and design/implement advertising and social media campaigns.
- Ensure all pre-employment requirements have been completed to include background checks, executed offer letters, coordination of relocation and/or travel, and pre-employment assessments.
- Implement talent acquisition metrics and goals that may include quality of applicant pools and hires, number of hires, time to hire, hiring manager and new hire satisfaction, cost-per-hire, and other data. Manage key business relationships; partner effectively with business leaders and functional teams to ensure business requirements are clearly understood and met; maintain broad influence through ongoing development of internal/ external relationships across the organization.
- Partner with Talent Management team to create, implement, and support onboarding and assimilation activities to ensure that new hires are successfully on board.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ of experience in Talent Acquisition is required, a combination of corporate and agency recruiting experience is preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ supervisory experience is required.
- Expertise and a proven track record developing recruiting best practices, candidate sourcing strategies and employment law required.
- Experience in college recruiting, internship program development and veteran hire programming strongly preferred.
- Experience developing and managing recruitment advertising campaigns strongly preferred.
- Experience using Taleo preferred.
- This position will have supervisory responsibilities
Licenses and Certifications
- PHR, SPHR, or AIRS certification is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Frequent travel to various worksites is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.