Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here:
At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today's complex business issues. Crowe's accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a "Best Place to Work." We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
As a Insurance Tax Senior Manager in our National Insurance Tax Group, you will be involved in both tax compliance and consulting on large projects and therefore, strong technical skills are vital to this role. Our team members are responsible for the compliance function on clients including preparation of federal, state and international corporate insurance income tax returns. Duties include but are not limited to:
* Perform tax research and work with insurance clients on tax matters as well as planning and implementing special projects
* Responsible for the compliance function on both life and non-life clients including supervising the preparation and technical review of federal and state corporate insurance income tax returns
* Assist with strategies for insurance-focused tax planning and regulatory compliance
* Identify opportunities to create additional cash flow, reduce effective tax rates, and increase shareholder value
* Tax planning of an effective captive insurance company solution for ideal coverage, domiciles, and vendors
* Determine the most appropriate single-parent, group, or protected-cell structure for optimum tax advantages
* Mentor, train, and coach interns and staff
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting required, Masters of Science in Taxation degree is a plus
* CPA license required
* Previous C-corp tax experience required
* Banking and/or insurance experience preferred
* At least 7 years of experience in public accounting or corporate/public blend setting required (larger firm experience preferred)
* Hybrid schedule with preference for Nashville, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, New York, & Chicago; Open to remote as well
* Proven leadership skills in managing client service teams and multiple projects in a fast-paced and interactive team environment
* Exceptional client service and communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
About the Team:
The Tax team at Crowe develops lasting relationships with clients by providing value, knowledge and strategy focus. As part of the Tax group, you will be part of a collaborative team with deep specialization. We use proactive approaches and innovative tax technology to provide high quality tax services to our clients. If you are committed to client excellence, want to be part of a growing organization and are looking to expand professionally, then is the place for you! Learn more about our Tax team!
#LI-Priority #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Crowe, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $130,780 to $209,220.
At Crowe, we know that great people are what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about what working at Crowe can mean for you!
How You Can Grow:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and aspirations. Learn more about where talent can prosper!
More about Crowe:
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
Crowe LLP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Crowe LLP does not accept unsolicited candidates, referrals or resumes from any staffing agency, recruiting service, sourcing entity or any other third-party paid service at any time. Any referrals, resumes or candidates submitted to Crowe, or any employee or owner of Crowe without a pre-existing agreement signed by both parties covering the submission will be considered the property of Crowe, and free of charge.
- Banking Services
- Cash Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service