Reporting to the Mechanic Shop Manager or designated manager, the Mechanic Shop Clerk's primary responsibility will be to order automotive parts. This position will also perform clerical duties as assigned in accordance with corporate guidelines. Provide accurate, friendly quality service to customers when processing customer transactions. Perform all duties assigned. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed always.
Assigned duties included but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide prompt and courteous service:
▪ Demonstrate friendliness and greet every person with whom they come in contact.
▪ Maintain a professional appearance and a neat work environment consistent with the Company’s Policies and Procedures.
2. Perform various general clerical duties, maintain various files, data, produce reports and correspondence for the supervisor/manager.
3. Must be familiar with fleet and factory account contracts; know authorized amounts for customer service transactions as described in the account contract.
4. Post transactions to vehicle account in V-Trace, i.e. mechanical repairs, parts, PSI’s, etc.
5. Post the shop technician incentive pay for work performed and completed by flags submitted daily.
6. Compile information needed for various reports and assist in coordinating project-oriented duties at the discretion of the supervisor.
7. Perform customer service transactions as described in the account contract. Work with other departments to ensure service transactions are authorized.
8. Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and advise Management of all serious complaints or incidences.
9. Practice and promote teamwork always. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
10. Advise the Mechanical Services Manager of all equipment breakdowns and maintenance immediately.
11. Make sure work area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Keep work area clean and free of clutter. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents to the Manager.
12. Any other duties assigned by General Manager or assigned manager
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Automotive knowledge required. Experience with part and ordering parts required.
• 1 to 2 years of experience in the field or a related area.
• Auction knowledge and experience preferred.
• Computer skills required to process customer billing.
• Ability to understand and adhere to Company policies in all areas.
• Effective interpersonal communications skills.
• Must have the ability to interact positively with others.
• Customer interaction is required.
Note: This position will not perform any mechanical work.
• Call in part orders and post charges to vehicle accounts
• Set work orders in V-Trace
• Enter repairs in V-Trace
• Post charges to vehicle account
• Verify the correct repair charges are submitted
• Process Customer Billing
• Save and tag warranty parts or cores for return to vendor
• Documenting of parts, numbers, vendor names on parts purchased outside.
• Check off each job and return the work order to the Manager if all work has been completed
• Post PSI’s
• Respond to customer inquiries pertaining to vehicles
The physical activity requirements of the position are Light to Medium Physical Work.
Constant – Sitting, watching, touching or fingering, listening
Frequent – Standing, walking, talking, reaching, feeling, grasping, pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, crouching, lifting
Potential – running, jumping, yelling or other rapid forceful movement in emergency situations
Physical Working Condition:
This position is subject to inside environmental working conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with automobile operations and emissions. #CB
Use Crm Software