SUMMARY: The Warehouse Worker supports storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base and assists in maintaining adequate inventory records related to finished goods and/or raw materials inventories.
- Assists shipping and receiving personnel, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
- Reads customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped.
- Moves materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Ensures warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or relocating orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Assists in counting of physical inventory.
- Weighs and counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
- Prepares parcels for mailing.
- Sweeps, dusts, and mops.
- Organizes warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to supervisor.
- Follows prescribed safety regulations as it relates to equipment operation and/or lifting techniques.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required by law or company policy.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to understand and accurately apply basic math skills.
- Ability to read and understand basic documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and organize; good time management skills.
- Ability to retain information (e.g., policies, procedures) or find it as needed.
- Problem solving ability.
- Customer service oriented.
- Cooperative, team oriented, patient, calm under pressure, and able to work independently.
- Ability to function in fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
The employee is often required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Employee may be required to lift 10 - 100 lbs.
Attention To Detail