To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Corsicana, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Guardian Industries • Corsicana, TX
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or the grilles on the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Industries is seeking you to become our next Production Supervisor in Corsicana, Texas!A Day In The Life Typically Includes
Team – Management & Leadership
- Interact closely with production, operations, plant and functional leaders to ensure customer requirements are being met.
- Develop the production team and raise the competency level.
- Guarantee the efficiency of the production processes for the site (standards implementation & improvement).
- Coordinate all internal flows’ improvement actions (lead time reduction).
- Provide the necessary leadership and direction to integrate continuous improvement in your areas of production.
- Knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations including product and employee safety, and OSHA standards.
- Proven track record of cost control and continuous improvement in your department.
- Provide leadership and direction to the safety of all employees and visitors to the facility.
- Lead, track and improve performance on key location goals and objectives.
- Develop crew members for improving individual and organization performance.
- Lead performance management and corrective action processes for assigned crew.
Culture – Create a culture rooted in MBM values & beliefs
- Assist in evaluate and select the appropriate talent and level of talent to advance our desired culture and profitably staff supply chain functions at the plant.
- Ensure employees connect with how they drive value for the company; identify talent gaps that are obstacles to superior results and coach employees.
- Understand, develop, apply, and coach employees on our culture of Market Based Management® (MBM®).
- Identify Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Resolve customer complaints/issues (internal and external); using them as an opportunity to understand the true root cause and develop a plan to resolve the root cause.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in the plant maintenance function and process, aligning with the Guardian vision.
Capability – Develop the Maintenance capability
- Lead a team of production employees working a rotation 12-hour shift to meet safety, production and performance goals.
- Must ensure a safe work environment by consistently ensuring all employees are wearing proper PPE, performing safe work behaviors and by communicating any and all safety concerns through appropriate channels.
- Responsible for communicating information to the hourly crew members.
- Ensures effective employee relations.
- Provides employee training, coaching and development.
- Assists with incident investigations.
- Tracks absenteeism and time-keeping.
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all performance measures.
- Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Performs other functions as required.
- Participates in hiring process, retention, performance review and discipline
- Continuously improve plant performance through process improvements and lean manufacturing.
- Maintain our plant’s union-free status using positive employee relations.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Sales, Engineering, Warehouse, Shipping, etc.) to optimize production requirements.
- Work with upstream & downstream people & processes to exceed customer expectations
What You Will Need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience within a manufacturing setting.
- Willing to work 12-hour rotating shift schedule.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments and managers.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and experience.
- Ability to work effectively and communicate across multiple levels.
- Demonstrated success in measuring and improving processes to meet organization goals.
- Demonstrated experience in leading positive employee relations to maintain a union-free environment.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree.
- 3 years or more of supervisory experience within a manufactoring setting.
What Do We Have To Offer?
If you have been looking for an environment where people are valued, entrepreneurial spirit is boundless and opportunities for success are based on merit, and if you want to add value to your company, then Guardian Industries may be the place for you.