You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
With a global presence, JSP serves the automotive, HVAC, packaging, sports and a variety of consumer goods markets.
Sustainability and Innovation are key areas of focus for JSP. We are a pioneer in offering products in the market based on a circular economy approach and passionately strive for innovation, sustainability and trustful customer relationships.
JSP continues to develop new products and applications. The company has research and development, as well as manufacturing strategically located industries in Americas, EMEA and Asia. Our goal is to WOW! our customers with innovative high function, high value products. As the market leader with ARPRO, we develop innovative solutions to make products safer, lighter, more cost effective and sustainable. For more information visit www.ARPRO.com
We are looking for a Project Engineer to be based out of our Detroit, MI plant who utilizes technical knowledge and experience to effectively and efficiently manage and implement all facets of concurrent strategic capital initiatives of the company from conception through equipment startup and project completion.
- Effectively coordinate with some supervision all facets of large capital projects including: Capital Appropriation Requests, project budgets and time lines, project resource requirements, subcontractor scheduling and safety/hazards review, project design, equipment procurement and specification, equipment rebuilds, regulatory approvals, floor space appropriation, technical drawing creation and management, machine/system startups, and process optimization.
- Support project scope development activities to fully define project scope taking into account the requirements and needs of all stakeholders. Effectively manage communications between departments and groups during scope development and project implementation.
- In support of JSP's Business Plan, collaborate with Plant Managers and manufacturing leadership at all US locations to identify needs and challenges with the goal of improving quality, capacity, safety, or costs. Lead cross functional teams to address mechanical/process continuous improvement issues.
- Actively troubleshoot, diagnose, and implement solutions on existing equipment and processes. Occasionally coordinate engineering trials to define future project scopes or optimize current processes and equipment.
- Negotiate price and favorable terms and conditions on all equipment and installation services for capital projects at multiple plant locations. Calculate and communicate project economics and payback estimates to upper management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with an advanced level of knowledge in project management, mechanical engineering concepts, analytical skills, and problem solving.
- Ability to source and direct the work of contractors and handle multiple complex engineering projects concurrently.
- Proficient in: Microsoft Office, AutoCad, instrumentation & control strategies, electrical distribution, pneumatic conveying systems, fabrication, machining/manufacturing processes, assembly practices, and polymer processing.
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to create and facilitate presentations to peers and upper management.
- Ability to collaborate with vendors, customers, peers, and managers.
- Must excel at working in a team environment with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
JSP employees enjoy several benefits including:
- Comprehensive health coverage effective date of hire
- Life and Disability insurance
- Generous 2 for 1 401k match
- 10 paid holidays and PTO
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible work schedules
JSP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Assembly And Installation
- Auto Cad
- Business Planning
- Business Process Improvement
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 4006143015
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.