Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at The Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute (HHC CI) is a certified member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance. Through the bi-directional collaboration facilitated by this partnership, community providers are better positioned to provide state-of-the-art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering are staying ahead of cancer.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services– all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
The Medical Assistant will work in our Infusion Centers across the system. Locations include Hartford, Avon, Manchester, Norwich, New Britain, Plainfield, and Waterford. The Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting the medical provider by performing all aspects of medical assisting to include phlebotomy and laboratory testing in a busy medical oncology office/infusion center setting
• Responsible for escorting patients to exam rooms and preparing them for the physician visit and for performing various preliminary portions of visit such as vital signs, weight and specimen collections (phlebotomy).
• Responsible for a full range of administrative support in a medical office setting providing duties from scheduling appointments, calling pharmacies, billing patients and verifying precertification’s for chemotherapy to triaging phone calls from patients, physicians and insurance companies, while maintaining patient and business confidentiality to ensure that the needs of patient are met..
• Assists in maintaining an up-to-date electronic medical record filing system.
• Performs laboratory clerical functions accurately and efficiently for compliance with regulatory agencies.
• Responsible for performing processing of specimens and clerical activities
• Performs laboratory specimen preparation and processing for the following departments: Cytology, Anatomic Pathology, and/or Microbiology
• Assists in the support functions of the department and providers including, but not limited to, data entry, filing, reagent handling and preparation, slide preparation, planting of cultures, and assisting with bone marrow biopsies by setting up the room and assisting the provider in the room during the procedure.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma
• Certified Medical Assistant or pursuing certification in a certified educational program strongly preferred
• Knowledge of medical oncology office practice and infusion strongly preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Bone Marrow Transplant
Intravenous (Iv) Fusions