118 Northport Ave.
Professional - Clinical
Flexible (As Needed)
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible to administer all Cardiopulmonary Services in accordance with the established policies and procedures of Waldo County General Hospital. To provide specified job related clerical duties and utilize respiratory therapy expertise in order to work collaboratively with physicians and other health care staff members. Function as part of the patient health care team with staff from other departments involving patient care activities. Assist the department manager with in-services and public relations activities.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
* Education: Graduate from AMA approved school of Respiratory Therapy.
* License/Certifications: State of Maine Respiratory Therapy License
* RRT licensure preferred and required for candidates with less than 5 years of experience
* CRTT licensed candidates must have greater than 5 years of experience
* BLS required
* ACLS Strongly preferred
* Experience: One year of acute care experience preferred. See also 'License/Certifications"
* Availability to work any shift as needed; be available to take call on a regular basis.
* Willing and motivated to learn and perform all modes of therapy that are provided by Cardiopulmonary.
* Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and educational programs to keep abreast of the latest trends in the field of expertise.
* Smoking cessation class within the first year of employment.
* Willing to travel to PBMC as needed to provide coverage.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, "Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America." MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave,, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Critical Care
- Public Relations
- Respiratory Therapy
- Circulatory Systems