To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN 46237
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Financial Counselor (Indianapolis, IN, US, 46237)
Franciscan St. Francis Health • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 2 months ago
8111 South Emerson Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46237
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
Efficient, professional pre-registration support
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As part of pre-registration, someone needs to review a patient’s insurance eligibility, handle authorization, and work with patient access staff for scheduling. There’s definitely some juggling involved in this job but it all comes down to one thing: the ability to accurately assess coverage and work with a team to set up the best possible care. Successful financial counselors must be efficient professionals, strong researchers, good communicators, and persistent problem solvers.
Are you good at working with a team? Are you organized and efficient with your time? Can you handle a variety of detail accurately and with the utmost confidentiality? We’d love to talk to you about this position.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform functions of pre-registration in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Review and understand insurance eligibility. Research discrepancies and initiate updates and corrections to insurance and demographic information as needed
- Understand process of prior authorization as well as specific criteria dictated by payers for prior authorization
- Contact patient for Point of Service Collection (POS) as appropriate and work with Patient Access Staff at hospital site in POS goals.
- Post POS payment as appropriate to patients account.
- Contact patients to assist with discrepancies in insurance coverage, rescheduling options, and financial security of services scheduled to be rendered.
- Work closely with Insurance Verifiers to successfully verify and authorize services scheduled at hospital sites.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Be an active team participant.
- Possess a strong organization and time management skill.
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, ask questions as appropriate.
- Careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Maintain composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
Travel: Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
BILLING & HEALTH INFORMATION