Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Senior Design Strategist to join our team. This position is based at our Moon Township, PA location. Relocation assistance is available if needed.
We are a power management company made up of over 95,000 employees, doing business in more than 175 countries. Our energy-efficient products and services help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more reliably, efficiently, safely and sustainably.
Today, the world runs on critical infrastructure and technology. Planes. Hospitals. Factories. Data centers. Vehicles. The electrical grid. These are things people depend on every day. And the companies behind them depend on us to help solve some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet. At Eaton, we’re dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Eaton is connecting many of the products they offer, as well as creating new digital products and services. There is an amazing opportunity to have a global-scale impact through work at the Human-Centered Design (HCD) Center of Excellence located in Pittsburgh, PA.
Eaton’s Center for Connected Intelligent Solutions (CCIS), where this position is located, accelerates the creation of meaningful, connected experiences through the creation of reusable platforms and services.
In our Pittsburgh office you will find awesome developers, open source gurus, testers, digital user experience designers, cloud architects, industrial designers, visual designers, DevOps engineers, agile experts, front-end and mobile developers, big data architects, design thinkers, and more. We are central to Eaton’s digital transformation and every contribution we make has a significant impact on the future of the company. Through our efforts we have established world-class software development and design capabilities that are built on a never-ending passion for innovation. We are change agents, always striving to improve, and excited to work at Eaton. We believe that you will be too.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role you will:
- Partner with product and user experience designers to craft and facilitate world-class design thinking exercises and workshops across multiple product applications, functions, and industries around the world.
- Manage the end-to-end experience of workshops including discovery, planning, logistics, delivery, documentation, and synthesis
- Champion design thinking and world-class workshops that are both intentionally and dynamically designed, teaching and sharing your expertise internally and externally
- Inspire your workshop participants, seamlessly leading them through design methodologies that ladder up to strategic solutions. Navigate challenges and pivot when necessary, keeping groups on track along the way
- Synthesize insights from workshops, helping to create strategic deliverables for clients
- Build strong, collaborative partnerships with clients and teams to help drive business solutions
- Develop workshop training materials that can be reused and tailored for new workshops.
- Develop strategic partnerships and execute the strategy to scale design thinking education throughout the company.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Design or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a Product manager, User Experience Designer, Industrial Designer, Product Designer or equivalent.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience facilitating Design Thinking or Human Centered Design workshops.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree in Product Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Psychology or related field from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience creating designs for a wide variety of product experiences ranging from
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience facilitating Design Thinking or Human Centered Design workshops.
- You’re an advocate of human-centered design, an expert in design methodologies, and skilled at translating design thinking for non-designers.
- A strong background in experience design, product design, and/or human-centered design methodologies.
- You’re a charismatic and energizing public speaker, and you know how to command a room.
- You’re a challenge-seeker and a strategic problem-solver. The more complex, the better.
- You’re empathetic, curious, and innovative.
- You understand both humans and technology, and you’re interested in how they interact.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Indeed Sponsored Job: IND123-SBengineering
Complex Problem Solving
Endearing And Charismatic