Perform total patient care utilizing the nursing process in collaboration with physicians and other health care providers. Demonstrate professional nursing skills through effective leadership, nursing judgement, informed decision-making, problem resolution, and appropriate utilization of resources. Provide care for patients according to the standards of care specific to age, from pediatric to geriatric, and the individual’s needs.
- Understand and live BAMC’s mission and values.
- Perform patient care and collaborate with other health care providers to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care.
- Perform patient education, evaluating patient learning ability and response to teaching, demonstrating the ability to adjust care and teaching to the age and emotional status as well as the social and cultural needs of the patient.
- Delegate and/or assist aspect of care to team members and review on completion.
- Communicate work performance expectations to individual staff members. Discuss noncompliance with the individual and report occurrence to Director in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills in situations involving physicians, visitors, patients, and staff and collaborate with the Director.
- Promote and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate adaptability to changing nursing trends.
- Communicate pertinent information regarding patient, physician, personnel concerns, and unit activities to the Director.
- Participate in planning changes and improvements.
- Assure responsibility for own personal and professional growth.
- Floats as requested to other departments according to “float policy”.
- Maintains good working relationships among all nursing units, personnel, and other hospital employees through appropriate communication.
- Must be able to complete the physical, sensory and mental requirements of the position.
- Perform customer service best practices of: AIDET, Hourly Rounding and Bedside Report.
- Participates in orientation of new employees in clinical situations.
- Participates in hospital wide and/or department specific committees.
- All full/part time to participate in on-call rotation.
- Primarily will be scheduled every third (3rd) weekend rotation, however, may temporarily be scheduled two (2) out of five (5) weekends.
- Must maintain and demonstrate competency in Telemetry strip interpretation.
- Additional duties as may be assigned by your manager.
Must have current registration in Wisconsin. BSN preferred. Maintains current American Heart Association CPR certification and other unit based certification requirements. Telemetry and ACLS required within 6 months of hire.
Potential exposure to Latex products, blood borne pathogens, hazardous materials, and communicable diseases.
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 2512
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Come Grow With Us!
At Bay Area Medical Center, we strive to exceed expectations by providing, cost-effective, quality health care to all. In order to achieve our mission we need skilled professionals like you to come grow with us.
We offer a variety of exciting career opportunities. You will find a comfortable, friendly, community environment with opportunities for growth including a state of the art facility in 2018. At Bay Area Medical Center, we offer you an excellent benefit package, including health, dental, vision, life insurance paid time off program and so much more!
Our employees value seven standards of Service Care. These include:
- Make a positive first impression. Our first priority.
- Treat others as guests
- Develop service recovery
- Communicate effectively
- Serve others with a team centered approach
- Project a positive attitude
- Make excellence the goal in everything we do
If you have these values, and want to make a change then, we would love for you to join our team. We have a variety of exciting career opportunities ranging from healthcare professional positions, Accounting, Information Technology, Finance or Administration, plus many more challenging positions.
We offer more than a job; we offer you a chance to share your passion for healthcare and to build an exciting career. We are proud of employees and volunteers and all that they do every day.
View the full profile