To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Forest, IL 60045
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Executive Sales Assistant - National Accounts - Virtual Position
Grainger • Lake Forest, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The Executive Assistant will serve as a business partner within National Accounts, supporting a Regional Sales Vice President and two Directors. The role requires an individual with excellent organizational skills who can proactively identify opportunities and offer solutions. The ideal candidate will enjoy managing multiple priorities and problem solving to ensure the leadership team successfully meets the needs of the business.
• Works under minimal direction, performing most duties following a broad framework of policy, procedure and the executives' needs.
• Schedule meetings, conference rooms and make travel arrangements as needed. This includes overseeing the executives' calendar and scheduling appointments by balancing priorities and effectively negotiating with internal resources. Anticipate and prepare materials needed by executive for meetings and telephone calls.
• Respond to requests (phone, e-mail, in-person requests, etc.) by gathering and providing information, referring non-routine calls to appropriate staff.
• Locate and gather highly confidential and sensitive information from the appropriate source to assist in resolving business issues.
• Compose, modify, and proofread correspondence, reports or presentations/newsletters from general instruction or based on special knowledge of the area and Company.
• Proactively develop relationships with key internal/external client contacts, gaining recognition as a team resource.
• Coach, lead and assist other assistants on the team, as needed, to provide support to the executive team.
• Help with project plans for small project teams, in local and virtual team settings.
• Effectively manage conflicting priorities. This involves organizing workflow and teaming with colleagues to accomplish tasks and balance workloads.
• Develop and demonstrate a solid working knowledge of the business’s structure, tools, policies and procedures and key personnel.
• Deal with a diverse group of internal and external contacts to relay executive’s instructions, gather information or handle non-routine situations. Follow up with executive staff on items/issues to ensure executive is aware of status.
High School diploma or equivalent experience. Bachelor degree preferred.
• 10% travel is required.
• Previous experience supporting a Sales Executive is strongly preferred.
• Possess a detailed knowledge of business operations, organizations and relationships involved at top management levels. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of department and appropriate Company policies, procedures and operations.
• Ability to type 50 WPM and proficiently use Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Learn and use other software as needed. Experience with SalesForce highly beneficial.
• Convey essential information clearly and concisely, both in writing and verbally.
• Use active listening skills while sharing information.
• Understand audience and ensures content and method of communication is relevant.
• Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects and priorities yet be responsive to changes in those priorities.
• Demonstrate effective analytical skills to handle complex administrative details and to determine best approach/action to use in non-routine situations.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.