Primary Responsibilities and Activities:
The Transportation Planner will be responsible for the domestic planning, monitoring, expediting, compliance reporting and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement within the transportation network. The Transportation Planner will be tasked with ensuring that all of the day-to-day tasks within the Ace Transportation Network are completed in an effective and efficient manner. The position will take direction from the Transportation Senior Engineer and implement across the RSC’s, RDC’s, Freight Consolidation Centers and Vendor locations.
- Update Traffic Management System (TMS) for compliance and accuracy, i.e. carrier tariffs and rate structures, preferred routing tables, vendor and RSC operational rules, etc.
- Process Improvement – Identify opportunities and make suggestions to improve efficiencies within the transportation and distribution network
- Key point of contact for load status requests from stakeholders(vendors, RSC’s, Inventory)
- Dispatch Operations – Responsible for exception dispatching, i.e. STOs, loads that need to be expedited, special requests, etc. Also coordinate special transportation needs in times of crisis, i.e. severe weather events. Serve as initial point of contact and subject matter expert (SME) on TMS issues for the RSCs and Crossdocks.
- Compliance and exception reporting with recognition, escalate pattern issues with suggested resolution
- Provide guidance and support to RSC Traffic Departments and Receiving Departments to ensure logistics best practices are followed across all RSCs. Can create new performance and execution monitoring tools and assign duties pertaining to the tools across the RSC, RDC, and X-Dock network.
- Executes and creates operational relationship with transportation providers. Responsible to identify savings in the process. Stay up to date with industry trends and suggest alternatives that will eliminate waste from the process
- Previous experience in the transportation/logistics operations
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, transportation, logistics or related field is preferred
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to manage a high volume workload
- Strong engagement and partnership skills with the ability to both understand and deliver established results
- Previous experience in project management a plus
- Must be a team player with good collaboration skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
Attention To Detail
Business Process Improvement