Contractor - Accountant – Revenue Recognition who will be responsible for ensuring revenue recognition is recorded in accordance with U.S. GAAP and properly documented consistent with the Company’s revenue recognition policies. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to certain month-end close activities, account reconciliations, journal entries, variance explanations and reporting.
• Prepare recurring and period-end journal entries and revenue analysis.
• Prepare asset and liability balance sheet reconciliations and roll-forward schedules, to include recommending and preparing adjusting journal entries.
• Provide monthly variance explanations for respective business areas
• Ensure that contractual orders and backlog is properly computed and reported.
• Review and support all revenue recognition disclosures in all SEC filings.
• Interface with internal and external auditors on revenue related issues.
• Responsible for overseeing and maintaining appropriate documentation and identification of the Company’s SOX key processes and controls as it relates to revenue recognition.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• 2-4 years of related accounting experience including significant exposure to revenue recognition issues – predominately at large, multi-national public companies
• 2-4 years prior experience working with large, global ERP systems (Oracle or SAP); Hyperion Financial Management and Hyperion Planning
• CPA – Active
• Masters’ Degree in Accounting
• 1+ years public accounting, Big Four
• High emotional IQ – very strong communication and influencing skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple functional and business groups
• A successful track record in getting to the right accounting position
• A proven ability to be decisive, resolve issues and deliver on commitments and deadlines
• Superior organization and prioritization skills
• Proven self-starter that doesn’t need much guidance to get projects done in an excellent manner
• Superior writing, Excel modeling, and PowerPoint presentation skills
1111 2222 3333 4444
- Bank Reconciliation
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Hardworking And Dedicated