Job ID: 161436
We are seeking a summer intern. The desired area of interest is Mechanical Engineering. The intern season will begin May/early June 2020 and may run through August 2020.
Our paid internship program will provides a wealth and rewarding learning experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but other duties may be assigned
- Support production to include assisting production personnel and maintenance functions in day-to-day operations. Troubleshooting of equipment and processes, conducting trend analysis of reoccurring errors and developing proposals/designs/training to reduce those errors and machine downtime and implement the corrections.
- Interface daily with operators and quarry managers / staff to monitor and correct possible process issues.
- Assist all aspects of new projects and new equipment into production, including preparation of financial justification capex requests, designing, specifying, purchasing, as well as tracking all spending related to the project.
- Assist in develop maintenance and operator training documentation, conducting equipment qualification and initial training of production personnel, and making provisions for repair parts stocking levels.
- Assist in the process or equipment improvements in order to reduce cost, increase uptime, or improve overall product performance and quality through the application of engineering principles.
- Provide processing support during product development, develop plans as to how the equipment/processes will be employed into production.
- Support inventory control of materials and liaise with QC and sales
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to communicate with vendors, service providers and all levels of employees.
Must be self-motivated, flexible and eager to learn.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Enrolled in a four year degree program in a related field with one or more years of college completed. Must have computer skills either through experience or classes.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk or hear; sit; stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must wear personal protective equipment of steel toed shoes/boots, safety glasses, hard hat and gloves if applicable.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work envi
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Oldcastle is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Product Quality Assurance
Practical And Pragmatic