Apex Systems Inc., is immediately seeking a Cyber Threat Analyst who is a self-starter, highly organized, is comfortable speaking with high ranking military personnel, and has a strong drive for quality. This position will support one of our highly regarded clients in the government arena, and offer a strong upside for growth.
Client: Enterprise Government Integrator
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Compensation: Competitive based on years of relevant experience
Clearance: Able to maintain an active TS/SCI Clearance with the DOD
- Maintain situational awareness of cyber activity by reviewing DoD, Intelligence Community and open source reporting for new vulnerabilities, malware or other threats that have the potential to impact the DoDIN.
- Support mission-critical Continuity of Operations (COOP).
- Synthesize, summarize, consolidate and share potentially malicious activities on the DoDIN with DISA and mission partner organizations by creating incident reports, wiki updates, collaboration/chat tippers and notifications, DoD incident handling database queries, metrics, and trend reports.
- Assist in providing threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services and recommendations.
- Provide near real time situational monitoring of an aligned AO to achieve, sustain, and present a near real time situational understanding of the AO’s operational environment. To include:
- Tracking ongoing operations, the posture and disposition of friendly forces and adversary activity
- Monitoring, consuming and analyzing operational, intelligence, and incident reporting
- Monitoring and querying Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools (e.g., Splunk, ArcSight, McAfee Network Security Manager, Bro, Elk, etc.) for anomalous activity
- The analyst must be able to work independently (where required) to achieve day-to-day objectives work and as part of a team
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of overall related experience; or Master’s Degree 4+ years; OR 4 years of additional experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent)
- Proficient understanding of Cyber Network Defense (CND) in regards to protect, detect, respond and sustain within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Experience in intelligence driven defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain (CKC) methodology; knowledge of Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and other cyber threat modeling frame works.
- Extensive hand’s on SIEM Tool Experience (Elk, Bro, ArcSight, Splunk, Wireshark, McAfee Network Security Manager, Silk, Niksum, Noesis) to identify/dig in to current & potential network threats
- Must be able to speak to the findings these tools provide insight into, and then present those findings; as well as explain potential threat impact & remediation tactics.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth.
- Experience identifying, triaging, and analyzing cyber incidents in DoD environments
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Familiarization with STIGs process and structure
- Knowledge of the DoD orders process
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification such as CISSP
- Experience briefing Senior Leaders
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 969153
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile