URL blocked - click to apply
Performs difficult skilled work and supervision of HVAC crews engaged in commercial/industrial facility or building maintenance. Responsible for the executing, planning, and estimation execution of HVAC tasks in facility/ building maintenance and construction
projects. Works with other departments, businesses and team members on joint projects. Requires high school diploma or GED, must be a Master Licensed HVAC Technician in the state of West Virginia and have 7 or more years HVAC experience.
Examples of Duties
Employee performs and supervises maintenance and repair work. Duties include planning, scheduling, organizing and directing work, training personnel, and recommending applicants for employment or for advancement. Will be required to perform maintenance technician
duties as require. Responsible for sustaining a high degree of care and awareness required to prevent physical injuries by teaching and enforcing safety regulations. Must be able to understand blueprints/drawings and sequence of operations. Responsible for
maintaining records of jobs performed, departmental charge codes, hours worked by employees and ordering/purchasing tools, equipment and supplies. Ensures proper equipment and supplies are available to complete various HVAC jobs and assists maintaining an
inventory database of tools and machinery. Position requires initiative and judgment in order to recommend improvements, changes or new techniques and procedures. Performs and monitors jobs to ensure quality and proper OSHA and NFPA compliance with HVAC code
and job standards. Responsible for external and internal relations.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions in various types of commercial HVAC and refrigeration systems including packaged rooftop air conditioning / heating units up to 70 tons, split systems up to 50 HP, variable air flow distribution systems including VAV boxes,
industrial exhaust fans / systems, and building automation systems (Metasys experience preferred).
- Experience with analog / digital refrigerant gauge sets, psychrometer, HVAC thermometer (IR, loggers), and maintains and sets refrigerant charge by calculating subcooling and superheat,
- Repair, replace, or calibrate controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring.
- Repair, replace, or calibrate components on natural gas and LP heating systems.
- Wire and connect motors, pumps, compressors, temperature controls, heating elements, and humidity controls as required.
- Provide proper refrigerant handling procedures according to federal EPA code
- Coordinates and schedules equipment and workflow for maximum efficiency
- Works with other departments, business, regulatory agencies, customers and co-workers
- Accounts for department inventory and ensures preventative maintenance of equipment
- Provides training and instruction to team members as required
- Prepares and submits detailed reports and records for jobs completed
- Assists in the preparation of the department budget as it applies to HVAC
- Works on the project sites and gives advice and assistance to crew
- May operate heavy and or light equipment to include personnel lifts
- Assumes duties of Maintenance Supervisor as needed
- May be required to wear some type of respiratory protection in the performance of their duties
- OSHA 10 or 30 qualification preferred but not required.
Carries out Master HVAC responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and resolving
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Minimum EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
FESA Certificated Technician or Associates Degree in HVAC from accredited two-year technical college or equivalent – preferred, minimum high school diploma or GED.
EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification required.
Must be a Licensed Master HVAC Technician in West Virginia. Must have knowledge of other skilled maintenance and/or construction work. Please have proof of all types of training, education and experience.
- Industrial or Facilities Maintenance
Sodexo – Quality of Life Services
The HVAC Technician - Senior will provide HVAC services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading HVAC systems and equipment; assisting other skilled trades; and ensuring
that tools and materials are available at job site. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business
necessities and client requirements.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems.
- Monitors HVAC systems and operations, and ensures that routine preventive maintenance is performed according to established schedules and standards.
- Responds to hot and cold calls, then troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Checks, repairs and/or replaces valves, motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring, fans, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, pipes and other functional components of the system.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Document all work in the CMMS system.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Serves as a lead HVAC Maintenance Mechanic by installing, maintaining, and repairing heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems.
- Inspects completed work for conformance with requirements of local building and safety codes.
- Estimates time and material costs on HVAC projects.
- Requisitions HVAC supplies and equipment.
- Develops, under management supervision, capital project scope and budget for equipment replacements and energy conservation opportunities.
- Verify and implement preventive maintenance standards on all HVAC distribution equipment.
- Operate and maintain the building automation system.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of related work experience.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Holds appropriate license/certification for the specific work to be done in the city and state in which the work will be done.
- Minimum requirement is EPA CFC Universal Certificate.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.