To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Middletown, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Process Control Engineer
AK Steel • Middletown, OH
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AK Steel has an immediate opportunity for a Process Control Engineer at our Middletown facility. The Process Control Engineer will ensure the availability of the control system hardware and software and assist in troubleshooting and root cause analysis. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment with complex operations.
- Ensure stability and availability of control system hardware and software by thorough and precise maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Develop or modify control system software to meet evolving company production requirements or goals.
- Determine the root cause of control system problems and develop effective corrective actions.
- Provide explanations of technical issues to operations and management.
- Work together with other engineers responsible for interconnected systems to assist their troubleshooting efforts.
- Provide on call support on a rotational basis for 24/7 production environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or foreign equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience preferred
- Experience in the application of computer control technology and techniques for the optimization of quality and productivity
- Manufacturing or steel industry preferred
Hardware / Software:
- Windows Server class hardware, workstations, thin clients, networking equipment (routers, switches)
- Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, Fortran, Visual Basic, PHP, Python, Java
- Operating Systems: Windows Server, Windows 7, Windows XP
- SCADA packages: iFIX, fix32, Cimplicity
- Technologies: Databases, virtualization, terminal services, web services
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.