$66.50 to $77.00 hourly
SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Requirements (Review, implement, test, and support, and improve requirements presented by internal and external stakeholders.)
• Development (Write server and client-side code, understand and adhere to prescribed coding standards and best practices, work with well-defined version control processes, write and execute PL/SQL scripts, perform application and feature design and re-factoring, and troubleshoot complex software problems.)
• Quality (Execute and participate in the testing process, including: unit, integration, regression, and performance with a focus on minimizing defects and rework.)
• Deployment (Understand and participate in the non-production deployment process.)
• Process (Understand and follow Transplace processes.)ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
• Translate business requirements into the design and implementation of features and functionality required to deliver the required results.
• Write code for server-side, desktop, and web-based applications.
• Perform unit and integration testing in a deployment environment to verify the delivered implementation meets the given requirements.
• Provide support to Business Analysts and Technical Support.
• Provide testing support to QA during functional, regression, and user acceptance testing.
• The role requires good troubleshooting skills, PL/SQL (including DML and DDL scripting), and performance tuning.Requirements KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
• Application Design (A good working knowledge and practical understanding of how software applications, modules, features, and functionality are designed for implementation)
• Database Design (A good working knowledge and practical understanding of how to design database objects, such as schemas, tables, and other associated database objects, such as indexes, or constraints in the support of implementing new software applications and features.)
• Application Environment (A good working knowledge and practical understanding of the application ecosystem in which a software application is deployed.) SKILLS
• Databaseo JDBC, Oracle, SQL
• Environmento Maven, Ant, Eclipse, svn, GIT, Weblogic, Tomcat, Jetty, Linux/Unix, Windows
• Frameworkso Swing, Struts, JSF/RichFaces, Swing, Hibernate/JPA, Seam, jQuery, junit
• Othero Object-Oriented Design, Functional Design, High-Availability, Transaction Management, Thread Management and ConcurrencyTRAVEL
• Minimal travelEXPERIENCE
• 7+ years of Software Development experienceEDUCATION
• College degree preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- General knowledge of mainframe hardware/software and PC operations required
- Comprehensive understanding of programming languages
- Resourceful project management background
- 7+ years experience as a project leader for the business portion of developmental applications or major systems improvements
- Expertise in Oracle
- Foundational knowledge in Java
- Microsoft SQL Server experience
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at Phone number blocked - click to apply to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.
Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)
Java Persistence Api
Java Server Faces