To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5777 Frantz Road
Dublin, OH 43017
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
DNV GL • Dublin, OH
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Brief Team and Position Summary
The DNV GL Pipeline Risk Management team develops and implements cutting edge risk models for the oil and gas industry through a diverse combination of engineering, statistical reliability and programming skills.
Due to our continued growth, the DNV GL Risk management team is looking for a highly motivated and innovative Junior/Entry-level Engineer to join our fast-paced team in Dublin, Ohio.
Tasks May Include
- Assist in analyzing multiple sets of pipeline data using Excel and specialized software packages
- Establishing statistical correlations across multiple data sources and platforms
- Assist in the development of risk assessment algorithms
- performing data analytics on large data sets
- Work closely with clients to ensure projects are run to their satisfaction and requirements
- B.S. or higher in mechanical engineering, reliability engineering, data science, data analytics, or mathematics/statistics fields, with a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Programming experience in VBA, Python, SQL, or other programming language
- Working knowledge of reliability and statistics
- Experience with relational databases
- Excellent computational and communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Commitment to deliver detailed and quality work with minimum oversight
- Willing to travel an estimated 25% of the year
- Demonstrated proven ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership for projects and tasks
- We conduct pre-employment background checks and drug screen
Preferred Skills (Not Required)
- Pipeline risk experience
- machine learning
- Knowledge of process safety management fundamentals
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the leading technical advisor to the global oil and gas industry. We enable safe, reliable and enhanced performance in projects and operations.
We provide consistent, integrated services within technical and marine assurance and advisory, risk management advisory and offshore classification. Together with our partners, we drive the industry forwards by developing best practices and standards.
Our people combine industry expertise, multi-disciplinary skills and innovation to solve complex challenges for our customers.