The primary function of this position is to clean, maintain and sanitize production machines, equipment, tools and work areas according to a set schedule and in emergency and non-emergency situations ensuring GMP and quality standards are met to maintain an efficient flow of the production process.Core Responsibilities
\u2022 Promptly at the start of the shift review the work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled and prepare for operations. \u2022 Prepare machinery for cleaning, remove remaining materials from the machines and floors and place in the proper containers. \u2022 Remove totes and other containers from the machine area, close valves, open doors, lids, drains and water valves.\u2022 Breakdown, disassemble and / or loosen nuts, screws, belts, remove machine parts, conveyors, guard rails, lids, doors and guards.\u2022 Blow down the production equipment, conveyors and machinery with the compressed air tool as required.\u2022 Scrape material from the machine parts, shovel excess into totes and soak parts as needed \u2022 Obtain and apply the appropriate cleaning and sanitizing solution, apply foam to the surfaces, scrub surfaces and parts.Qualifications
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- High School diploma or GED; and 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and the safety regulations.
- Must be able to use, or learn to use, the equipment and tools used to perform the job.
- Must be able to perform all job functions safely.
- Must meet the company performance standards for the job.
- Must participate in company orientation and training.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Must be able to work the scheduled / assigned times and required overtime for the position.
- Must have experience with the production process.
- Must complete \u201cLock-out / Tag-out\u201d awareness training.
- Must know MSDS information regarding all materials used within the scope of the work.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and taste or smell; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Scope/Impact of Job
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and extreme cold conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemical; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; risk of radiation and vibration.
- Noise level in the work environment is sometimes loud.
- On time starts
- Ten percent (10%) plan with utility usage, chemical costs, labor scheduling and costs.
- Works closely with Food Safety to insure programs are achieved.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits
Material Safety Data Sheet
Production Equipment Controls