Manager of Applications DevelopmentCompensation:
Our client as an excellent opportunity for a Application and Platform Services Manager in our corporate headquarters in Stamford, CT within the Information Technology Unit. The ideal candidate has prior working experience in application support and has moved on to managing similar resources. This candidate also needs to demonstrate a high aptitude for learning new software and work processes, be focused in execution and comfortable performing tasks with minimal oversight and be a self-starter with excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- Manage application and architecture personnel, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building on existing recruiting capabilities to address new needs and skills gaps.
- Ability to dive deeply into operational, technical or architectural issues based on the problem presented.
- Ability to support multiple lines of businesses or applications of medium to highly complex technologies at global level with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility.
- Provide safe environment for staff to explore and promote ideas and validate ideas with proof of concepts, which may require strong justification or ROI analysis and risk analysis.
- Define and enhance methodologies and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Ensure application life cycle management status reporting, metrics and benchmarks are delivered with efficiency and accuracy.
- Manage relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization and ensure day-to-day delivery and operations are efficient and timely.
- Working with stakeholders to accomplish application work in a way that improves the business and technical fitness of the application portfolio and minimizes its ongoing support costs.
- Understand the operations budget, licensing and contracts to identify opportunities for short and long term efficiencies with cost reductions.
- Resolve or escalate capacity, prioritization and business escalation issues in a clear, optimized and transparent way.
- Demonstrated ability to route work tasks and projects to team members given a very tight capacity environment by re-prioritize work or enhancing team organizational structure when necessary.
- Work with Technical Services Manager to develop overall IT strategy and roadmap in the context of the business strategy and facilitate the governance and use of enterprise architecture principles, guidance and reference architectures.
- Promote synergies between architecture and support staff and processes, especially ensuring projects always keep support organization in mind.
If interested please send your information to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Manager of Applications Development
Construction Applications Software, API - Application Programming Interface, Java, ABAP - Adv Bus Application Programming, SQL - Structured Query Language, SAP PLM - EHS, SAP
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at
or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manager of Applications Development.