To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Falls Church, VA
- Josh Biacan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cybersecurity Engineer - Mid
ECS Federal, LLC • Falls Church, VA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ECS is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer - Mid to work in our Falls Church, VA office.
Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
ECS is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Cybersecurity (CS) Engineer (Mid) with experience supporting Cybersecurity missions for Federal agencies. This work will be with our USPS customer in the Falls Church, VA office. This individual will support one of our CS teams, reporting to a CS Lead. The CS Engineer Senior will:
Directly interface with various government officials. CS Engineer maybe assigned as primary action officer or project management liaison requiring good communications, negotiation, coordination and facilitation skills.
Will also work closely with Security Operations and Validation teams to ensure compliance with Federal and DoD regulations, and Cybersecurity best practices.
Provide Cybersecurity (CS) expert analysis required for certification and accreditation (C&A) projects. The candidate executes all steps necessary for validating systems and ensuring accuracy of C&A packages; and assure applications/systems maintain a valid accreditation.
Other roles will include architectural reviews of existing security solutions, and the design and implementation of a new vulnerability scanning and compliance monitoring infrastructure.
This is a "hands-on" position that requires someone who is capable of multi-tasking. It requires an individual with a service-oriented mentality that can focus and take ownership of assignments/issues and manage/resolve those issues.
Work well in a team-oriented environment and be able to self-manage their tasks to ensure success.
Communicate up and down within the organization; prepare detailed descriptions of issues, status updates, recommendations, and reports. Applicants must be organized with an eye for detail.
Some travel required. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Must be US Citizen
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study or equivalent experience
- 4+ yrs. experience
- Thorough understanding of Cybersecurity best practices
- Demonstrated experience with security / validation testing tools to include vulnerability scanners (Retina, Nessus),
- 4+ yrs. experience in IP based network (LAN/WAN) environments managing services such as: Active Directory, PKI, DNS, HBSS configuration and maintenance.
- Demonstrated Experience with two of the following vendors: VMWare, MS Windows, and Red Hat Linux. or 4+ yrs. experience in IP based network (LAN/WAN) environments managing devices and services such as: routers, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), intrusion prevention systems (IPS), DMZ's, VPN's, network monitoring and protocol analysis and traffic management.
- Demonstrated Experience with one of the following vendors: Juniper, Cisco.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Good interpersonal communications skills.
- Master's Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, or Information Systems/Technology Management
- Experience developing Cyber or Physical Security CONOPS.
- Vendor Certification with one or more of the following: VMWare, MS Windows.
- Vendor Certification with one or more of the following: Juniper, Cisco.
- ITIL Foundation Certification.
- Experience with all of the following Juniper, Cisco, VMWare, Windows,
- Demonstrated experience with McAfee HBSS (ePO, HIPS, Anti-Virus, etc…).
- Microsoft Project experience
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.