Director of Sales - Events
As Director of Sales - Events, you will be responsible for achieving sales/financial goals that include building business opportunities and market share, retaining and increasing customer base and expanding sales opportunities to realize substantial growth in revenue and business base.
You will also be responsible for hiring, mentoring, and motivating a team of sales professionals; developing and implementing sales plans; managing the sales process; strategizing approaches to sales proposals; creating bidding opportunities; cultivating industry contacts and client relationships to maximize business opportunities and to ensure top performance by sales professionals.
The successful candidate has event industry experience as well as a proven track record of developing and implementing sales administration processes and systems to ensure a proactive sales environment and efficient sales prospecting.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive sales and financial goals established for the division.
- Develop and manage the sales processes to include:
- Develop and maintain sales forecasts
- Develop system to identify sales opportunities and manage target prospects
- Develop and manage lead distribution and tracking systems
- Develop and implement sales plans and budgets in conjunction with the EVP and financial analyst
- Develop one year and three year strategic plans and goals; specific activities and action plans/road map for one year plan. Establish business/client targets and develop strategic plans to achieve targets.
- Create sales processes and procedures and manage the proposal process.
- Manage participation in industry trade shows, conferences and event to drive sales.
- Recruit, select, train, manage and motivate sales professionals. Make appropriate sales assignments and develop/manage individual sales goals and plans.
- Collaborate with the VP of Events to develop market plans/strategies
- With VP of Marketing, develop marketing plans/activities to support sales plans and goals i.e. mailings to CRM database; unique selling positioning, sales proposals and templates, industry marketing events, trade show participations, advertisements and editorial coverage in industry publications, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Event Planning, Communications or related degree from an accredited university.
- Seven (7) to ten (10)+ years of experience working in a sales role in the Events, Marketing audio visual, or hotel industry.
- Five (5) years of prior management experience.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as a CRM platform.
- Detail-oriented, possessing exceptional organizational skills.
- Must be willing to work both independently and participate as a team player for achieving departmental and company goals.
- Must have ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, competently handling demanding deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interface with clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business contracts, as well as proficiently write reports, proposals, and other business correspondence.
- Resourcefulness and possess innovative problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience managing budgets, the ability to participate in budget meetings and the ability to discuss and communicate changes that impact the bottom line for the client and Hargrove.
- Strong leadership skills, work ethic, and possessing an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
Hargrove is a leader in brand storytelling, creating innovative environments for events, exhibits, expositions and experiential marketing activations around the world. We design and deliver immersive environments that tell stories, market brands, launch new products, ignite passion for causes and most importantly connect with the targeted audience.
Why Work at Hargrove
In addition to your salary, Hargrove offers Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, LegalShield, and 401(k). Hargrove is headquartered on a 77-acre site just east of the Capital Beltway and minutes from downtown Washington, DC. At Hargrove, our customer's success is our success. Come join our team.
Hargrove, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity (M/F/D/V) and Affirmative Action employer.