To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mount Jackson, VA 22842
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
3rd Shift Shipping Worker
Masco Cabinetry • Mount Jackson, VA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Masco Cabinetry is proud to be one of America’s most respected manufacturers of cabinet and countertop solutions with three nationally recognized cabinetry brands, KraftMaid, Merillat, and Quality Cabinets. We market thousands of different styles and products in a demanding marketplace where style and craftsmanship make all the difference.
Masco Cabinetry continually works at maintaining its world-class manufacturing operations by adopting continuous improvement principles, reducing waste and continuing to invest in people and technologies.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With proper training will be part of a team responsible for shipping operations.
- Inspect parts for defects (size, color, wood, scrap) make simple repairs as needed, process transactions, slot items in cart for shipment
- Must be detail oriented to avoid shipping scrap.
- Operate Powered Industrial Vehicles and pallet jacks safely and effectively.
- Operate stretch wrapper.
- Locate, scan, obtain and pack, bundle or palletize components in a quality conscious manner to protect from shipping damage.
- Load trucks in a manner to protect the product during transit.
- Must be extremely safety conscious and have good housekeeping habits.
- Must meet all quality standards and production goals.
- Must be willing to perform any other tasks required for the success of the department.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- One year of production experience or similar in carpentry or fast paced, detail-oriented environment is preferred
- Two to three years of work experience
- Knowledge of safe work practices
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Must be able to distinguish colors and species
- Ability to read a tape measure and caliper
- Math and computer skills
- Ability to read/write/communicate in English
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Self-starter who works effectively without close supervision
- Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, and pulling
- May be required to frequently lift up to 25 lbs and occasionally up to 50 lbs as well as push/pull carts or pallet jacks
- Able to work aloft effectively (ladder or lift)
- Hand dexterity and strength
- Working in hot or cold environment
- Overtime is required, including weekends sometimes with little or no advance notice
- May be required to work a flexible schedule
- It is an essential function of this position that you report to work on a regular basis
Masco Cabinetry LLC
Shift 3 (United States of America)
Full or Part Time
Masco Corporation (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.#CB