Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD is seeking a broadly hardworking and digitally capable Landscape Architect to join our Roseville, Santa Rosa, or Irvine, CA office. The selected candidate will join a small independent design group in the US West division of GHD – a team consisting of other landscape architects, urban designers, and urban planning policy professionals.
This role will lend Landscape Architecture design services to a wide range of project types, from site planning and public realm design to private and public sector landscapes that combine green infrastructure and civil engineering. You will provide design for planting, irrigation and site / urban amenity construction detailing.
Our small team works closely with Architects, Civil Engineering and Transportation disciplines; you should be comfortable working in such a multidisciplinary environment. Readiness to advocate for design values and innovate through collaboration is a must. Experience in preparing proposals, some project management, and digital tools, and construction documents all preferred.
Responsibilities of the position will be but are not limited to:
- Landscape Architecture Site Design with Visual Communication
- Construction Documents, Specifications, and Construction Observation
- Site research, programming, analysis, design calculations and costing
- Public Outreach Facilitation and Stakeholder Engagement
- Development of visually compelling presentations and final reports
The ideal candidate will have the following skillset:
- Technical understanding of development elements for architecture or landscape architecture
- Technical familiarity with processes and workflow for civil, architecture and landscape architecture
- Planning, Architecture, or Urban Design experience
- Interest in LEED-AP or AICP certification
- Knowledge in topics of focus such as green infrastructure, stormwater and natural ecosystems, or
- Strong project design talent, hand drawing ability, and strong graphic design skills
- Ability to take direction and constructively process professional critique
- Self-organizes to prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel statewide and possibly within North America
- Urban public realm a plus
- Professional undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited program in landscape architecture or urban design required
- Minimum 3 years experience in Landscape Architecture.
- Landscape Architecture License preferred or, steps taken toward acquiring a California Landscape Architecture License required
- Autocad (AutoCAD 2019 or Civil 3D) required
- MicroStation Experience a plus
- LandFX preferred and a plus
- Sketchup required
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-design) required
- ArcMap or QGIS a plus
- Lumion, other Rendering Software a plus
- Revit and / or Rhino a plus
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
- Auto Cad
- Micro Station
- Civil Engineering
- Autodesk Revit
- Site Planning