To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Northville, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Gentherm • Northville, MI
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As a leader in thermal technology, we design, develop, and manufacture heating, cooling, and ventilating devices for diverse global markets. With our employees, we pioneer and shape markets for comfort devices while seeking new ways to drive value for our customers. We employ approximately 10,000 people across North America, Europe and Asia.
Support Category Directors with all purchasing related activities. Develop category strategies to meet business objectives for cost, quality fulfilment and innovation
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop together with respective Global Category Director) and execute category strategies (CLB)
- Support contract developments to ensure consistent commercial terms and conditions (CLB)
- Approve ECR for new or changed materials (CLB)
- Conduct continuously market screenings and benchmarking (CLB, support CB)
- Qualify new suppliers in collaboration with category strategy (CLB, support CB)
- Improve efficiency in terms of reliability of supply and price as well as risk management (CLB, support CB)
- Ensure early involvement of SQD in case of new suppliers and/or materials and on-time PPAP approval
- Conduct purchasing of materials independently and select supplier and second sources for the components out of an approved supplier list (CLB, CB)
- Ensure correct, complete and timely maintenance of master data and workflows in all relevant systems (CLB, CB)
- Order program related needs like samples and toolings (CLB, CB)
- Support and execute cost reduction ideas (CLB, CB)
- Execute category strategy (CB)
- Confirm material availability and lead time for the components (CB)
- Ensure supplier capacities to avoid supply bottlenecks (CB)
- Support cost reduction activities together with the Business Unit Interface to achieve pre-SOP saving targets (CB)
- Support product Change Requests and End of Life ramp-down activities at the component level
- Domestic and international travel may be required
- very strong negotiation skills
- project management experience
- ablility to transfer technical matters into economical considerations
- strong team player
- intercultural competence
- very strong communication skills and assertiveness
- extensive knowhow of purchasing methods and tools
- high stress resistance
- legal/contractual knowledge
- problem solving
- strong MS Office skills
- knowledge in cost calculation
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering and 2 years experience in Purchasing with industrial background,preferably with automotive experience.
Gentherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.