You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
The Accounting Analyst primarily prepares and distributes periodic internal financial statements, regulatory accounting related filings and external audited financial statements and disclosures. Ensures all reports and disclosures comply with applicable regulations, professional standards and organization policies. Prepares journal entries for transactions in a timely and accurate basis for inclusion in internal and external financial statements. Researches and establishes accounting and reporting policies and assists in complex accounting and reporting transactions. Responsible for financial systems including but not limited to general ledger and internal control systems.
What you would do in this job:
- Prepares and completes financial reports on a timely basis. Includes:
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for certain subsidiaries
- Analytically reviewing the financial statements
- Providing financial assistance to product line and subsidiary financial managers
- Assisting with the quarterly consolidation of GAAP financial statements
- Assists in monitoring accounting changes and makes sure they are appropriately addressed in the financial statements of the subsidiaries.
- Responds to inquiries of internal and external clients by providing feedback/documentation to financial statement users regarding internal/external audit matters, and informational and managerial inquiries.
- Assists in the preparation of information relating to multiple employee benefit plans and assist in the coordination with Securian Financial Group external auditors on the completion of audited financial statements. Assists in keeping management informed of changing audit requirements, new disclosures, etc.
- Assist in the completion of monthly sales reporting.
- Participates in special projects as necessary (e.g., addition of newly acquired subsidiaries or new investments in existing subsidiaries).
- Cross-training job responsibilities with other Financial Reporting associates.
What we'd expect from you:
- Knowledge of GAAP and statutory accounting principles as they apply to Securian Financial Group accounting systems, operations and financial statements.
- Understanding of corporate system policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP accounting products.
- Strong communication skills to assist in resolving audit questions and providing quality service to business clients.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and math skills to accurately complete financial statements and assist in the design of appropriate analytical information for senior management, industry associates and regulatory authorities.
- Four year accounting degree; CPA (or pursuing) preferred.
- Financial reporting experience.
- Basic knowledge of GAAP, IFRS and statutory regulations.
- Basic knowledge of insurance products, services and operations.
#LI-Hybrid This position has a hybrid working model.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize telephone for up to 2-4 hours per day
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. We're committed to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for professional development and growth and a number of diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the company. There's a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at Securian!
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan - great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision plans.
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in regard to public assistance, status in a local human rights commission, or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact us by telephone
To view our privacy statement click here
To view our legal statement click here
- Accounting Systems
- Computer Keyboards
- Financial Management
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g9lbz11
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.