To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
900 Cooper Street
Jackson, MI 49202
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Great Lakes Caring • Jackson, MI
Posted 1 month ago
Great Lakes Caring understands that the value and quality of our care relies upon the ability and satisfaction of our employees. We prioritize patient care and employee satisfaction above corporate profitability. Because our core values underscore the foundation of our culture, we created I Am Great Lakes Caring to ensure that every employee embraces and is committed to our company's focus and mission. If you share our commitment to delivering superior quality care and loving where you work, then we invite you to join our team of compassionate professionals.
I am committed to quality. It is at the core of everything I do and every decision I make.
The Insurance Specialist provides services in accordance with insurance requirements of payer sources, and agency policy. The Insurance Specialist follows uniform insurance verification procedures and practices according to Medicare, Medicaid, 3rd party payers, and private pay in accordance with the HIM-11 guidelines.
My commitment will include:
- Facilitating insurance verifications, authorizations, and maintaining inpatient event tracking.
- Assuring visits are not made without authorization.
- Verifying client data into software system for billing purposes.
- Assuring staff is notified of any co-pays or non-covered services before the time of admission.
- Responding to payer inquiries regarding insurance authorizations.
- Working with other personnel to assure problem solving with insurance verification/authorizations occurs.
- Education: Associates Degree preferred.
- Experience: Five (5) years of billing experience in an appropriate clinical care setting or home health environment preferred. Accounting practices or experience preferred.
- Skills: Knowledge of medical terminology. Must be able to speak, read and write English. Good communication, interpersonal, telephone and documentation skills. Excellent word processing skills. Demonstrate ability to multi-task. Must be discreet and maintain HIPAA and confidentiality in the workplace.
I am committed to a caring culture that embraces teamwork and supports the employee.
At Great Lakes Caring Home Health and Hospice we want you to love your work and the people you work with, while making a positive difference in the lives of patients. That is why a career at Great Lakes Caring offers:
- A new challenge that allows you to make your work meaningful
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- A full line of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Opportunities for advancement within our organization
- Tuition reimbursement and certification testing to help you reach your goals
I am committed to integrity, efficiency and the highest ethical standards.
Great Lakes Caring Home Health and Hospice is one of the nation’s leading providers of in home health care. Since 1994, Great Lakes Caring has dedicated its resources to providing value-based, high quality care wherever our patients call home. Great Lakes Caring’s primary focus is to provide superior quality health care to those we are honored to serve, utilizing state-of-the-art technology and innovative processes which drive extraordinary patient outcomes. With locations across the country, Great Lakes Caring provides the right care, at the right time, in the right place. Great Lakes Caring is committed to being a great place to work for employees, and is the recipient of Fortune Magazine’s Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Best Workplaces for Millennials awards, in addition to being recognized as a National Best and Brightest Company to Work For.