To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Oak Brook, IL 60523
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Insurance Reconciliation Specialist
PLS Financial Services, Inc • Oak Brook, IL
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
PLS®: People. Location. Service
PLS-which stands for People - Location - Service-is a leading retail provider of alternative financial services. The PLS Group, headquartered in Chicago, is comprised of over 230 financial service centers in 12 states. Through our check cashing, lending, and our PLS Auto store, we provide consumers with convenient financial products and services to help them manage their day-to-day financial needs. Although many of our customers have banking relationships, we believe that our customers use our financial services because they are more convenient, transparent and frequently more affordable than available traditional alternatives. PLS was founded in 1997 by Bob and Dan Wolfberg, who serve as Co-Presidents.
The Insurance Reconciliation Specialist ensures all carrier sweeps, commission files, download files and month end files are properly matched to all bank withdrawals and deposits. Additionally, they reconcile the sweep, commission and download detail at the customer level ensuring all transactions properly balance and commissions are logged to the correct store. Lastly, the specialist will handle insurance requests for voids and assist when possible, with underwriting notifications from insurance carriers.
- Prepare and import daily carrier sweep files
- Match daily carrier sweeps to policy management system
- Review exceptions and work with carriers and agents as necessary to resolve open items
- Flag items for write-off using standard procedures
- Flag refunds using standard procedures
- Prepare and Import commission transaction files
- Match monthly commission activity to policy management system
- Review exceptions and reconcile monthly commission data
- Prepare and balance month end commission and sweep files to monthly bank information
- Handle carrier download data by reconciling to policy management system on a daily basis
- Handle payment void request on a daily basis
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2-3 years Auto Insurance Underwriting and reconciliation experience required
- 2-3 years insurance transacting and/or reconciliation experience a plus
- P & C license is required or must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Strong understanding of auto insurance underwriting and accounting theory
- Strong Written and Verbal Communications Skills required
- Strong Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word experience
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives required
- Ability to meet scheduled deadlines
- Adherence to policies, procedures, and instructions of manager
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving, and results
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 15 lbs.
Benefits for eligible employees include medical/dental/vision, 401k, vacation, opportunities for advancement, on-going training available.
We strive to demonstrate our Core Values in all positions at PLS:
Communication ● Customer Focus ● Integrity and Trust ● Teamwork ● Results
PLS Financial Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PLS Financial Services will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. PLS Financial Services is a drug-free workplace. PLS provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify your Recruiter or a member of our Human Resources team to make arrangements. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.