The Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) Nurse Home Visitor is responsible for providing comprehensive nursing services to women and their families eligible for the NFP Program. Nurse Home Visitors (NHV) are pivotal in transforming the lives of vulnerable babies, mothers, and families by implementing and maintaining the fidelity of the NFP model.
* Provides prenatal and postnatal home-visit screenings to women and their families eligible for the Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) Program. Screenings consist of basic vital signs, blood pressure, BMI, etc.
* Completes participant enrollment, including initial contacts, initial assessments, and appointments with medical providers.
* Adheres to nursing Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) model home visitation for clients. Model consists of a biweekly visitation unless assessment indicates differently.
* Facilitates and serves as a liaison to childbirth, parenting, breastfeeding, nutrition, and health educational classes and infant care coordination (ICC) groups according to program needs.
* Provides social services to high-risk first-time expecting mothers who lack access to food or housing.
Competencies and skills:
* WORKLOAD MANAGEMENT: Manages completion of work assignments based on priority and due dates.
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
* DEVELOPING RELATIONSHIPS: Builds positive and productive business relationships with individuals and groups.
* EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with various audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation.
* PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
* TEAM WORK: Contributes to fullest potential to achieve team goals.
* Registered Nurse License
* Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
* Driver's License Number
Education equivalent experience:
Complexity of Work: Excellent written and verbal communication skills and basic computer skills. Nurse Home Visitors (NHV) need to communicate effectively, openly, and consistently with families, colleagues, and stakeholders. Nurse Home Visitors (NHV) must have a flexible schedule, evenings, and weekends, and be able to reschedule a day's activities based on multiple factors. Nurse Home Visitors (NHV) must be able to create structure in moments of confusion, disorganization, or crisis. Able to multitask and meet deadlines. Ability to travel to throughout designated areas to multiple locations, including government and private agencies and partners.
Required Work Experience: No prior work experience. Home visiting experience preferred.
* Bending and Stooping 80.00%
* Climbing 40.00%
* Keyboard Entry 80.00%
* Kneeling 60.00%
* Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Reaching 80.00%
* Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg 40.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
* Running 40.00%
* Sitting 60.00%
* Squatting 80.00%
* Standing 80.00%
* Walking 80.00%
* Audible Speech 80.00%
* Hearing Acuity 80.00%
* Smelling Acuity 40.00%
* Depth Perception 80.00%
* Distinguish Color 80.00%
* Seeing - Far 80.00%
* Seeing - Near 80.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 80.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 80.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 80.00%
* Cytotoxic Chemicals 60.00%
* Dust 60.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes 80.00%
* Hazardous Chemicals 80.00%
* Hazardous Medication 80.00%
* Computer Monitor 80.00%
* Domestic Animals 40.00%
* Fire Risk 40.00%
* Heating Devices 40.00%
* Magnetic Fields 40.00%
* Moving Mechanical Parts 40.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects 80.00%
* Potential Electric Shock 40.00%
* Potential for Physical Assault 40.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Since its inception in 1953, Memorial Healthcare System has been a leader in providing high-quality healthcare services to South Florida residents. Today, it is one of the largest public healthcare systems in the nation with over 13,000 team members and highly regarded for its exceptional patient- and family-centered care. Memorial's patient, physician and employee satisfaction rates are some of the most admired in the country, and the system is recognized as a national leader in quality healthcare.
Memorial has a reputation as one of Florida's leading healthcare systems and is supported by a distinguished medical staff. In fact, the vast majority of physicians are board certified or board qualified in their specialties and have been trained at many of the nation's finest medical schools and hospitals. Because of its distinguished medical staff and services, Memorial draws patients from South Florida and beyond.
Many prestigious healthcare awards have been earned by Memorial Healthcare System and its facilities. The accolades include: Modern Healthcare magazine's Best Places to Work in Healthcare, Florida Trend magazine's Best Companies to Work for in Florida, 100 Top Hospitals, Consumer Choice Award, Best-Run Hospital, Best Nursing Staff, Best Pediatric Hospital and Best Maternity Hospital.
**_Disclaimer:_** _This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification._
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. Memorial Healthcare System recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any factor prohibited by law. We are proud to offer Veteran's Preference to former military, reservists and military spouses (including widows and widowers). You must indicate your status on your application to take advantage of this program.
- Blood Pressure
- Care Coordination
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Customer Experience