To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Niagara Falls, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
LPN/LVN School $22-$28
Maxim Healthcare Services • Niagara Falls, NY
Posted 10 days ago
Maxim Healthcare iscurrently seeking Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) for a one on one part-timeschool nursing position! The job duties would include assisting an individual on aschool bus to and from school. The position would be for 2 hours in the morningand 2 hours in the afternoon thru the school year. We are looking for Licensed Practical Nurses(LPN) who is committed and passionate about having a major positive impact on achild’s life.
- Develops policies, procedures and work standards for school health program.
- Monitors compliance of school health program with federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies.
- Initiates program changes as needed.
- Manages program allotment efficiently.
- Prepares health reports for supervisor, board of education and health department.
- Collaborates with other child-support agencies in designing and providing a school health program.
- Negotiates professional and medical services essential to the school health program.
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Maintains security of school health supplies.
- Instructs students in health education according to the state curriculum (K-12).
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.\
- Provides staff development on health-related topics for school staff and volunteers.
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
- Provides follow-up evaluations on students as required.
- Recommends corrective action where problems are identified.
- Conducts home visits when appropriate.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders, treatments, and child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Some knowledge of the school organization and the community served.
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school, local health agency, and other community resources.
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students and positive working relationships.
- Other Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) duties as assigned
- Current Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) license for the state in which the nurse practices.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- One year prior Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) experience preferred.
- Current BLS card.
- Successful completion of screening tests for the clinical specialty area(s) in which the nurse practices with a score of 80% or greater
- Maxim background screening
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs