To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Superior, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Track Laborer - Superior, WI
CP • Superior, WI
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in the United States and Canada with direct links to eight major ports providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To safely maintain the physical railway track within a specific territory in accordance with guidelines set forth by the FRA and Canadian Pacific.
- Track maintenance and renewal work;
- Uses hand tools and small machines and may be called upon to operate large track renewal equipment;
- Standing, lifting, squatting for long periods of time;
- Ability to lift tools and equipment of 50lbs or greater.
- Must be able to travel and have adequate transportation;
- Ability to read and understand safety rules and regulations and perform tasks in accordance with those rules;
- CDL license or in the process of obtaining one is preferred;
- Mechanical and welding experience is desirable;
- Must be able to perform physically strenuous work outdoors in all types of weather;
- Available to respond to emergent conditions 24/7/365;
- Abnormal working hours and times, may change per the collective bargaining agreement;
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Employer Funded Retirement Plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Last 7 Years employment history
- Last 3 years of driving history
- Social Security number verification
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.