Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
- Home daily
- Pay starts at $19.07/hour
- Full health insurance on day one
- Life and disability insurance
- Earn up to 13 days PTO over the course of your first year
- 9 paid company holidays
- 401(k) option with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Education assistance
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Attend training sessions to obtain a CDL-A
- Gain on-the-job experience as an LTL Driver
- Under supervision, perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations (FMCSR)
- Maintain records in accordance with FMCSR, DOT and company policies
- Load and unload freight using a forklift as needed (touch freight)
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports
- Adhere to company safety policies
- Maintain contact with service center personnel in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- To be at least 21 years old
- 1 year of related experience
- Hold a valid state issued driver's license
- To attain a CDL-A permit by the first day of class; attain the following endorsements within 90 days of employment: double/triple trailers, tanker and HAZMAT
- Initiate the TSA fingerprint-based background check by completing the fingerprinting process no later than the second week of class
- Safe driving record and history
- To pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals in the last 3 years; pass a company-paid DOT physical
- To pass a company-paid DOT physical and pre-hire test (physical essential functions); perform essential functions with or without accommodation
- Availability to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, nights and weekends
It’d be great if you also have:
- Hold a valid state issued driver's license for a minimum of 12 months
- Forklift experience
- Class B CDL
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights up to 50 lbs. frequently and more than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Safely operate heavy equipment; move and position a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs.
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery; work in adverse weather conditions; climb in and out of a tractor cab and trailer, and sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor and/or forklift
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Operate a tractor-trailer combination (under supervision) up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting hazardous/non-hazardous materials
Be part of something big.
Don’t have your CDL-A yet? Learn more about our Driver School [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Truck Driver Student
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Truck Driver Student
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Defensive Driving
- Forklift Truck
- Heavy Equipment
- Freight Forwarding